The Student Room Group

How do I properly answer an essay question in History papers?

My teacher has always accused me of listing tons of points but doing very little analytical discussion/ comparison between them. My usual style is to list several points/facts for or against something and then do a conclusion. This seemed to get me through the GCSE years but sadly this is not so anymore.

Could anyone explain the best way to answer such essay questions? Like how do I exactly go about "linking" each point together and discussing and analysing them like my teacher tells me? Because currently I'm finding it very difficult to do anything but list points. How can i add to my essays, so it's not just me listing a ton of facts....I hope i've made myself clear..please help :frown::frown:
Hey there. While you're waiting for a reply to your post, we thought we'd give your thread a timely bump.

But don't twiddle your thumbs in the meantime! Kick off your revision and study time by heading to our Learn Together section.

In Learn Together, you'll find interactive study tools to help make your revision quicker and easier. We've also got thousands of handpicked assignments analysed by great teachers, so you can learn from top-marked work. And there's tons more too: get started on Learn Together now!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending