The Student Room Group

what happens on the 15th?

hiya, so its only 12 days until results and i'm panicing just a little. i'm year 14 and on last years results day i got an email from UCAS around 7am to say i hadn't met my offers and was in clearing. my question is does the same thing happen if you get in? will i get an email before i even go to the school to say i got into my firm or insurance, or is it just if you get into clearing?
if they do then that makes my walk to the school a little less nerve racking

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I don't think they would email you in the morning saying if you get into your firm/insurance (I could be wrong). You can check track though, that's if it doesn't crash and that way you'll know if you have been accepted. Ignore poster 2 I don't know what that post was on about!
Good luck :smile:
Reply 2
As soon as you log unto Track at 6:00am on Results Day it will say on the front page whether you got into your firm or not.

All the best =)
Reply 3
awesome thanks alot :smile:
Reply 4
I went through this 2 years ago - it'll happen like this:

- At about 6AM (not all unis, but most) will confirm to you on UCAS whether you've been accepted or not. If you've reached your offer's conditions, it'll say firm. If not, it'll say "Unsuccessful". They get your results before you do.

- Then you go pickup your marks at about 9. If you didn't get the marks you were supposed to get, get on the phone asap to go through clearing / discuss this with the university. Most schools give out the results starting 9AM, so the phone lines will be very busy for sure.

Good luck! :smile:
Original post by Alia223
As soon as you log unto Track at 6:00am on Results Day it will say on the front page whether you got into your firm or not.

All the best =)

Unless you're like one of the 100,000 applicants last year whose universities either hadn't decided or hadn't sent a decision to UCAS by results day morning.

45,000 of them were still waiting for a clear answer a week later.
Reply 6
Original post by PQ
Unless you're like one of the 100,000 applicants last year whose universities either hadn't decided or hadn't sent a decision to UCAS by results day morning.

45,000 of them were still waiting for a clear answer a week later.

Wow then surely UCAS is on top of it this year round? They created a new track this year to withstand busy times such as Results Day to avoid the crisis that happened last year with Track failing with the sheer amounts of people. It seems like UCAS is on top of the game this year? We shall see..
Original post by Alia223
Wow then surely UCAS is on top of it this year round? They created a new track this year to withstand busy times such as Results Day to avoid the crisis that happened last year with Track failing with the sheer amounts of people. It seems like UCAS is on top of the game this year? We shall see..

Those 10,000 people weren't delayed by UCAS. The delay was with universities making decisions and sending those decisions to UCAS. Often unis will sit on applicants who've missed their grades to see if they can get "better" applicants through clearing before deciding to reject/accept them.
Reply 8
Original post by PQ
Those 10,000 people weren't delayed by UCAS. The delay was with universities making decisions and sending those decisions to UCAS. Often unis will sit on applicants who've missed their grades to see if they can get "better" applicants through clearing before deciding to reject/accept them.

So it is extremely unlikely for people who got the grades or exceeded them for their firm place to not hear from UCAS immediately?
Original post by Crazy Redd
So it is extremely unlikely for people who got the grades or exceeded them for their firm place to not hear from UCAS immediately?

That isn't what I said at all.

Plenty of people who meet their offer grades don't have an update on Track every year.

The point is if you meet or exceed you offer you should NOT call your unis. Leave the lines free for people who need to get through.

If track hasn't updated by friday lunchtime THEN call your unis to check that there hasn't been a mixup with your results coming through.
Hey,

quick question: how do I reset my track password?
Reply 11
Original post by PQ
That isn't what I said at all.

Plenty of people who meet their offer grades don't have an update on Track every year.

The point is if you meet or exceed you offer you should NOT call your unis. Leave the lines free for people who need to get through.

If track hasn't updated by friday lunchtime THEN call your unis to check that there hasn't been a mixup with your results coming through.

I didn't say that is what you said, I was simply asking a question. :rolleyes: I think I'll phone the universities anyway if Track has not updated. Not really fair on me to be left hanging.
Original post by Alia223

All the best =)

Not for everyone. I got my results in 2011, and found out at school. I left the computer logged in at home, and I knew where I was going before track told me as I had my results in front of me.
I didn't say that is what you said, I was simply asking a question. :rolleyes: I think I'll phone the universities anyway if Track has not updated. Not really fair on me to be left hanging.

If you've met your offer conditions then your place is guaranteed - phoning just wastes your time, the time of the person on the phone and could stop someone who hasn't got a place from getting through.

But if you think that's "not really fair" then fine clog up the phone lines :smile:
Reply 14
Original post by PQ
If you've met your offer conditions then your place is guaranteed - phoning just wastes your time, the time of the person on the phone and could stop someone who hasn't got a place from getting through.

But if you think that's "not really fair" then fine clog up the phone lines :smile:

You've said somewhere that sometimes universities accidentally reject applicants who have met their offers, so I'd need to ensure this mistake has not taken place.
(edited 10 years ago)
Does anyone know if kingston are lenient with their applicants? specifically in biomedical science? :confused::confused::confused::confused:
You've said on this thread somewhere that sometimes universities accidentally reject applicants who have met their offers, so I'd need to ensure this mistake has not taken place.

If you were rejected that WOULD show on track - I've never implied that you should not phone your uni if you think you've been incorrectly rejected. the 100,000 people with no change on track last year did NOT include anyone who was rejected it was just people who had NO change on track (or who only had their insurance place confirmed and no decision on their firm).

And for what it's worth I've know about 1 case a year on TSR of people incorrectly rejected.

I'm saying if you've met your offer and track either hasn't updated (or even worse if your place is confirmed) then phoning your unis is pretty rude at the least.

Likewise if you've MISSED your offer but track says you're in then don't clog up the lines - go out and celebrate!
Original post by ks1994
Does anyone know if kingston are lenient with their applicants? specifically in biomedical science? :confused::confused::confused::confused:

Yes someone does know. Unfortunately the work for the biomed admissions team at kingston and they wont know for another week (and wont be able to tell anyone until results day).
Original post by PQ
Yes someone does know. Unfortunately the work for the biomed admissions team at kingston and they wont know for another week (and wont be able to tell anyone until results day).

no need to be a snarky
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by ks1994
no need to be a snarky.

Would you prefer me to promise something that noone can possibly know at this point in time?

Or a lie?

If so I'm sorry to disappoint

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending