The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I'm 5'1/2 (not measured myself in a while but it's easy to see I'm a pretty short chick ) so that sounds like a great height.
Original post by JordanR
A few days ago you were depressed about being 6'0" :tongue:

I've learnt not to be so insecure :smile:

And then tbh reading threads and posts like this, I've realised I could have drawn a much shorter straw :biggrin:
No I wouldn't, only because I'm nearly 5'10" and the height difference would be too much to overlook. I'd feel so stupid and awkward.

I do find shorter men attractive in the face, but a tall body is what does it for me :sexface:
Reply 23
Those poll results were better than I thought they would be!
35% of females, so 1.2billion girls... doesn't sound too bad when you put it like that :tongue:
Reply 24
I'm 5"8 and definitely no. It's way too short for me.
I voted Yes, on the condition that... as I usually like guys over 6ft and I'm 5"2'. I would date a guy my height if we were a brilliant match, but I haven't met any guys my height I actually find attractive so now I feel very shallow.
Original post by ct2k7
What do you view as a healthy weight?

BMI of 22+?
Not skinnier than me (ie, not skinny / thin arms / thin legs / very, very lean/does not look like a prepubescent boy) (unless Asian, who generally have smaller builds, and so it looks more natural on them)
Not fat either. Ideally, an athletic body shape - nicely shaped muscles, clearly athletic.

I do know a couple of men who may well be in the 5'1 - 5'3 range, they have this type of build and I think they are quite good looking. Although obviously I have a preference for taller men (5'9 - 6'1 range), I would not not date people who were shorter or taller, and overall I think body shape is more important (ie, being at a healthy weight, showing that you are physically active and know how to take care of yourself, rather than how tall your genes allowed you to grow).
Original post by Journeyzap
BMI of 22+?
Not skinnier than me (ie, not skinny / thin arms / thin legs / very, very lean/does not look like a prepubescent boy) (unless Asian, who generally have smaller builds, and so it looks more natural on them)
Not fat either. Ideally, an athletic body shape - nicely shaped muscles, clearly athletic.

I do know a couple of men who may well be in the 5'1 - 5'3 range, they have this type of build and I think they are quite good looking. Although obviously I have a preference for taller men (5'9 - 6'1 range), I would not not date people who were shorter or taller, and overall I think body shape is more important (ie, being at a healthy weight, showing that you are physically active and know how to take care of yourself, rather than how tall your genes allowed you to grow).

Whats wrong with 6ft 1 +? :smile:
Original post by Maid Marian
Yeah, as I'm shorter than 5'2.

That is crazy! I am like 5'11
Original post by Galileo Galilei
That is crazy! I am like 5'11

How is that crazy? :erm: :frown: And I swear you told me you were like 5'8? :sly:
How is that crazy? :erm: :frown: And I swear you told me you were like 5'8? :sly:

Measured myself last week, 5'11 and 1/2 :biggrin:, i love short girls.
Original post by Galileo Galilei
Measured myself last week, 5'11 and 1/2 :biggrin:, i love short girls.

How could you miss a whole 3 and 1/2 inches of height!? That's crazy :lol:
I'm 5'2 - although I have a preference for slightly taller, if he was really well built (ie, at a healthy weight, neither skinny or fat) and obviously had a loveable personality, height wouldn't be a barrier.

Same here. I'm also 5'2. I like taller guys and somehow generally end up dating 6ft or 6'1 ones but it just turns out like that...

Posted from TSR Mobile
How could you miss a whole 3 and 1/2 inches of height!? That's crazy :lol:

I didn't think that I grew that much in 2 years lol! Really weird.. xD
Reply 34
hmm i guess the height can be balance out with an athletic body and a chiselled face, but if your easy going i guess theres nothing to worry about
Reply 35
BMI of 22+?

Lol 5'2 and I have BMI of 21.9 :frown:
Original post by AreebWithaHat
Whats wrong with 6ft 1 +? :smile:

Nothing wrong with 6'1, nor with less than 5'9. I was purely saying that my personal preference / most preferred height was within that range (not that I would not date outside of that range).

I'm quite short myself (5'2 actually), and my father's height is within that range (not sure if it is an influence or not, but have read that people tend to date people that in some way resemble their parents). That height range seems the most appealing to me, and above 6'1 is just slightly too tall to casually kiss out of the blue (in fact, it is already a big strain at 5'9), and also more uncomfortable for holding hands.

Anyway, tall men, short men, average-heighted men, don't get insecure - you will be in the preference of some subset of girls, and most people will date out of their preferences provided you have other qualities that are more important in the relationship than height.
Original post by jd1997
Lol 5'2 and I have BMI of 21.9 :frown:

Well, if you are well-built and at a healthy weight, then you're fine (from my perspective?)

By the way, sorry for the triple post in this thread.
Yep :smile:
A 5'2" guy no, a 5'2" girl yes. Short guys are a turn off.

Latest

Trending

Trending