The Student Room Group

Did I scare him by telling him I was in love with him?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Yeah I'll do that I'm sure he will reply after the concert or tomorrow . He's probably just really busy today.
The message I sent didn't sound coming off too strong? did it? I mean he's said it already but not like that..
Reply 21
Thanks I'll let you know how it turns out.
Reply 22
He's been online again like a few minutes ago and again at 18.10 still no reply so worried now maybe I made a mistake.
Reply 23
Original post by Anonymous
He's been online again like a few minutes ago and again at 18.10 still no reply so worried now maybe I made a mistake.

why do you think it's a mistake? if he is reacting badly to it... what would the alternative be? telling him 3 months down the line instead when you are more emotionally involved and him reacting the same way? you did what you did. no point regretting it now. if he acts badly then **** him... you are just being honest.

though i think it'll be good in the end :smile:
Reply 24
What kind of message should I send tomorrow? ask him how the concert went? and not mention the message or ask how he went and maybe say something like really hope I haven't scared you off by the previous message.
I think "I love you" is said a little too often without meaning it, not saying that's necessarily the case but its just what I've noticed - some people don't really think much of it,to some people it's just like saying 'I like you' but a more than friends way. Where as "I'm in love with you" is actually proper meaning it. Weird, I know. "I'm falling for you" its saying a great deal either, just like "yeah in a few months ill probably love you" so if this is his thinking, then yeah you probably might have scared him off. Are you 100% sure you love him? Because I made that mistake before, telling someone I loved them after 3 months and he didn't yet love me back, it was a bit awkward. Then looking back I reallly didn't love him at all. I was falling for him sure, but I was like 'I think I might love him'

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 26
Original post by _anyawalsh
I think "I love you" is said a little too often without meaning it, not saying that's necessarily the case but its just what I've noticed - some people don't really think much of it,to some people it's just like saying 'I like you' but a more than friends way. Where as "I'm in love with you" is actually proper meaning it. Weird, I know. "I'm falling for you" its saying a great deal either, just like "yeah in a few months ill probably love you" so if this is his thinking, then yeah you probably might have scared him off. Are you 100% sure you love him? Because I made that mistake before, telling someone I loved them after 3 months and he didn't yet love me back, it was a bit awkward. Then looking back I reallly didn't love him at all. I was falling for him sure, but I was like 'I think I might love him'

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think so I don't know I knew I was falling for him and like today I've woke up and just felt as if I loved him. But he's said it to me so much. Maybe it would've been better for me to just say I love you and left it as that. If I have scared him off will he even reply or just break up with me?
It's just he's said the love word so many times I never said it .
Maybe I should send a text saying I got confused or something I just want him to say something even if it's him saying he doesn't feel the same.
Reply 27
I'm sure he'll reply later he is probably just busy maybe wants to wait until he has time to talk to me properly when he's by himself I know he can be like that. It's just for him to say it many times then when I say it he doesn't say a thing and he hasn't replied. Does it need a reply? I know I said something the other day calling him the most amazing bf and he didn't say anything back . I just feel a bit like a idiot at the moment . I'd hate to lose him over this. Or maybe I've made a mistake and misread my feelings maybe I should say that instead ah it's just so frustrating.
Reply 28
I think I should've said "I love you" instead of "in love with you" and got mixed up possibly .
I think so I don't know I knew I was falling for him and like today I've woke up and just felt as if I loved him. But he's said it to me so much. Maybe it would've been better for me to just say I love you and left it as that. If I have scared him off will he even reply or just break up with me?
It's just he's said the love word so many times I never said it .
Maybe I should send a text saying I got confused or something I just want him to say something even if it's him saying he doesn't feel the same.

I was like that, 'i think so" I've never been in love, but people who have tell me 'theres no question about it, you just know' I think maybe you've just got a bit caught up with it, I really doubt he would break up with you. It would be stupid for him to do so, he probably just doesn't know how to respond? Talk to him about it next time you see him (unless you rarely see eachother then ring him maybe :s-smilie:) and just explain exactly what you're feeling, and you possibly just thought you did because he was saying it and you really like him etc, just so you both know how eachother is feeling :smile:
Posted from TSR Mobile
Bit late now, but you shouldn't have referred to scaring him twice, and to the idea that you think he may have changed his mind. It makes it sound like you don't think his feelings are genuine.

Anyway...

Best to just wait till you hear back, especially as you've said he does sometimes take a while to reply. Don't follow up with anything before he's replied - just try and take your mind off it all.
Reply 31
Yeah I haven't really been in love I think I meant "in love" was the same as saying "I love you".
I just hope I haven't made a mess of the whole thing now. I don't know maybe I should tell him I got confused and meant "I love you" and the words came out wrong or something.
Yeah I haven't really been in love I think I meant "in love" was the same as saying "I love you".
I just hope I haven't made a mess of the whole thing now. I don't know maybe I should tell him I got confused and meant "I love you" and the words came out wrong or something.

I really do recommend that you just leave it now, at least till morning. I know it's difficult - honestly I do - but it's the best idea.

In the morning, if you haven't heard anything, send him something like you would normally send in the morning, and just throw in "Did you see my message on what's app yesterday?"
Reply 33
Yeah try texting him in the evening I'm sure he'll get back to me later like he's at a concert now thats outdoors.
I'll ask him how his concert went and ask if he's okay maybe and see what he says.

I do overanalyse everything though.
You and your man need a reality check, you are throwing ' I love you' out there so easily, no offence but love is something grown over time and not in 3 weeks. Good luck to you but he has no idea
Reply 35
I think I said the wrong I love you. I meant just "I love you" and it came out as being I"'m in love with you" what do I do now? how do I say it?
Reply 36
I think you need to calm down a tad bit lol :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 37
Yeah I will I guess I'm just really anxious I just hope he gets back to me tomorrow.
I'm 20 he's 24. We do have a very strong connection. He said it soon and often tells me how much he really really likes me. He said the I love you's over whatsapp. He's been online twice now. He has a outdoor concert thing on. I can't go anymore though we werent going together or anything. Should I wait and see if he gets back to me later? He often takes time to reply though. I'm just getting paranoid he hasn't said anything back.

I'm 20 and my boyfriend is 24. We met online and were friends first. I stayed 3 nights at his house the first time I met him and the second time I came back, he told me he loved me. We have been together 15 months.

Any guy I've ever professed to love though has used me and hung me up to dry or run off with some fat chick...

Calm down and stop being paranoid. You can never predict what and when people are going to say stuff, especially that sort of thing. Just focus on being friends and the romantic relationship thing will just take its own course.
Reply 39
I do have anxiety but not that much only in certain situations like exams but I do panic and overanalyse everything like if he takes ages to text back I start thinking i've said something stupid yesterday I thought he was scared off by me saying the a month since we first started talking he took ages to reply and only replied at 5am. i just always think of the worst outcome happening.
Also I don't usually tell people how I feel so I really don't want to have made a big mistake or ruined anything. Then again he has said I love you so many times so I don't see why he should be scared off even though I may have said it in a different way but I meant that.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending