The Student Room Group

Maintenance Grant

Hey, I thought I'd ticked the 'apply based on household income' but clearly not, as it's not there.

So I'm looking through these forms to now include my household income, and they say they'll either assess my parents or my partner, depending on whether I'm dependent or independent.

I'm independent, and have no partner?! how does this work?! I don't have a fixed abode, and have been couch surfing for the past god knows how long, how am I meant to let them assess any household income, when I don't live in one?

My Grandparents sometimes help me out, and I crash there sometimes, but they're not on the list of people who can fill out the form?

I'm sure my Mum would be happy to give her details, as she's on the lowest of the lowest income and can't eat for days she's so poor, which is why I can't live there, and see no help from her. Be we're very estranged so that would class me as an independent and that means she can't fill out a form..

What do I do?! Who can fill out the form?! Help me :frown:
Reply 1
it also says;

Your application to have your student finance based
on your household income, or an application for a Parent’s Learning Allowance, Adult’s Dependants
Grant and/or Childcare Grant must be received
within 9 months from the start of your academic
year.

So am i basically screwed? If I don't get the grant, there's NO way I can even live anywhere.
Hi there,

Can you confirm your age please?

If you are under 25 and single you will normally be deemed as dependent.

Thanks
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending