The Student Room Group

Changing bank details - how long?

Hi,

Basically, I want to set up a new student bank account with Santander, however I move to uni 2 weeks today (14th September). If I was to set up a new bank account would student finance be able to pay into this bank account on time?! Really can't afford late payment!

Reply 1
You can apply online, then wait to receive an application form in the post and go along to a branch with proof of identification and then wait to receive your new bank details and card in the post (takes about 2 and a half weeks).

Or you can go straight to the branch fill out everything there and give proof of identification, then wait for your bank details in the post which takes no more than 7 working days.

Bear in mind though that if your setting up a student account, you need to provide proof that you are undertaking a university degree etc. which needs to be confirmed by the university so it might take a bit longer.

I've just applied for a student account with HSBC. It took around 10 days for my bank details to arrive in the post because of the bank holiday :frown:

It's much quicker if you change an existing account to a student one with the same bank that you are already a customer with though because you don't have to provide proof of identification.

Hope this helps :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending