The Student Room Group

UCAS application

I got a A,B and a D at AS and I'm carrying on with them all but retaking the D but I think they are going to predict me ABD and I am applying to universities that want 300 point/ BBB..... Please help I know I can achieve a ABC but the predictive grade might hold my applications back :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by koutg001
I got a A,B and a D at AS and I'm carrying on with them all but retaking the D but I think they are going to predict me ABD and I am applying to universities that want 300 point/ BBB..... Please help I know I can achieve a ABC but the predictive grade might hold my applications back :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think you or your parents should speak to your school regarding the predicted grades.

If the school don't think you are capable of improving the D, why the hell are you wasting your time re-sitting? If they think it is worth re-sitting, then that should be reflected in your prediction.
Reply 2
Schools can, and often do, predict a grade which is one grade higher than your AS result.

However your teachers will have likely predicted you this grade for a reason- they don't just pluck it out of thin air! If your D was a low one just bear in mind that teachers may be skeptical of your ability to raise it to a C, but there's no harm in trying to persuade them otherwise if it is achieveable.

You can always go to your teacher and ask why you have been predicted a D when you feel capable of of C- with hard work over the next few weeks of term you can always prove to them that you are capable of C standard marks. If you work hard teachers can to a certain extent be flexible if you put the work in- they're however not going to simply change it because you asked, so it may be that you need to work extra hard in class to persuade them to raise it.
Reply 3
Try to talk to your tutors. Let them now you will work hard to achieve the grade.

Usually the predicted grade is one up from the one you have achieved - (with the exception of A's to A*'s)

I don't see why they wouldn't predict you ABC
Reply 4
Yeah I will go to my teachers ASAP and hopefully (some unis) have said if you meet all the other criteria they might allow it but we will see

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending