The Student Room Group

Did I make a huge mistake with the UCAS?

I'm an EU student, who's currently in high school, and I think I've made a mistake.

Even though I'm in high school, I chose the option 'apply independently', because I thought my school would make the process slower and problematic, and I thought it wouldn't really make a difference if you apply independently. I asked it on this forum and people advised me to do it and told me you can apply independently, even if you're still in a high school. But now I'm reading about the reference part, and it is indicated in the UCAS videos that people who apply independently aren't in high school anymore, but I am.

Keep in mind I'm an EU student (which is one of the reasons I applied independently). For my reference I wanted to ask my mathematics teacher. Is this a problem, or can I still apply independently, even though I am still in high school?
Reply 1
Can anyone please help?! I'm really scared I did something wrong.
Original post by ZafarS
I'm an EU student, who's currently in high school, and I think I've made a mistake.

Even though I'm in high school, I chose the option 'apply independently', because I thought my school would make the process slower and problematic, and I thought it wouldn't really make a difference if you apply independently. I asked it on this forum and people advised me to do it and told me you can apply independently, even if you're still in a high school. But now I'm reading about the reference part, and it is indicated in the UCAS videos that people who apply independently aren't in high school anymore, but I am.

Keep in mind I'm an EU student (which is one of the reasons I applied independently). For my reference I wanted to ask my mathematics teacher. Is this a problem, or can I still apply independently, even though I am still in high school?

Don't panic! I am sure that you haven't made a mistake. If your school doesn't usually send students to the UK, then you can apply independently. My daughter is doing just that: she is at high school outside the UK (EU) and she is applying independently. Her form teacher is providing a reference.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by BerlinFilmFan
Don't panic! I am sure that you haven't made a mistake. If your school doesn't usually send students to the UK, then you can apply independently. My daughter is doing just that: she is at high school outside the UK (EU) and she is applying independently. Her form teacher is providing a reference.

Phewww! Thanks. My school has never send anyone to the UK. Thank you again, I panicked!
Original post by ZafarS
Phewww! Thanks. My school has never send anyone to the UK. Thank you again, I panicked!

I know, it's so scary! But you've done everything right. The UCAS site shows how to deal with a reference if you are applying independently.

Good luck!
If your school doesn't regularly work with UCAS, you can just apply independently.
It's what I did. You just fill in the reference details (who probably is someone from your school) and everything will be fine.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending