The Student Room Group

Cheated on my boyfriend. Has he over-reacted? Need advice

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by lizlaz350
I just...

You're both as bad as each other. You've cheated on him more than once which is appalling and he's aggressive and violent which is equally as appalling.

Why did you think it was a good idea to move in with him? You've only been together for a few months and have been cheating on him throughout that time!

He's supported me coming out to my parents. My parents aren't accepting of me being gay. And were being really controlling. So I ran away from home and moved in with him. It made sense.
I don't know why I cheated. It's my first ever relationship. I didn't know what was expected of me.
Reply 21
Original post by coatsoft
HES a prick?

Blatantly yes, it doesn't stop being domestic violence because you're gay. Clearly OP has also been an Eiffel Tower sized knob, but he doesn't deserve to be assaulted!
Reply 22
Original post by Noble.
What he did was out of order, but understandable. You're also a bit misguiding when you start by saying you just kissed this other guy, but then it turns out you've cheated on him several times already anyway...

Also, you don't love him - you've only been going out for two months and have managed to cheat on him more than once already? :lol:

I do love him. We've been through a lot. I came out to my parents for him and he's supported me through it all.
I don't know why I cheated. I regret it so much.
Reply 23
Original post by Echo*12
He's supported me coming out to my parents. My parents aren't accepting of me being gay. And were being really controlling. So I ran away from home and moved in with him. It made sense.
I don't know why I cheated. It's my first ever relationship. I didn't know what was expected of me.

Wait, so despite the fact he was your only lifeline and you needed him for reasons other than from the relationship you still cheated? Isn't that quite stupid? Looks like you'll be having to go back to your loving parents...
Reply 24
you're sad
Reply 25
Original post by Echo*12

You didn't know what was exp... are you serious? You thought you could just get into a relationship and expect your boyfriend to be happy that you were banging other guys?
Reply 26
Original post by Patched
I don't think his actions are justified but that doesn't mean you're not in the wrong. He's obviously going to be pretty angry at what you've done and you know you shouldn't have done it. Although it doesn't warrant him saying he's going to turn up at your work and grabbing you by the throat - that's pretty bad.

It's probably best that you two go your separate ways.

Should we meet up one last time to talk things over? We haven't talked about it face to face. He just decided to go psycho and throw me out.
Reply 27
Original post by Noble.
Wait, so despite the fact he was your only lifeline and you needed him for reasons other than from the relationship you still cheated? Isn't that quite stupid? Looks like you'll be having to go back to your loving parents...

I'm back home with my parents and I apologised for running away. But I'm back to square one now as now I can't leave home again if I were to go back to him and move in. I'm messing my parents around too.

I have been stupid. But being gay is so new to me. I liked the attention I got of other men. I've not experienced anything like it.
And my sex life with my partner wasn't amazing. We rarely saw each other, like once a week because my parents tried to stop me seeing him.
Reply 28
Original post by CJKay
You didn't know what was exp... are you serious? You thought you could just get into a relationship and expect your boyfriend to be happy that you were banging other guys?

Quite a few of my gay friends are in open-relationships. I just thought it was normal. I got a bit bored at work, sexted a few guys. Can't see the big deal. It's my partner who I love. It's not like I've fallen for someone else and dumped him because of it.
Reply 29
Original post by Echo*12
Quite a few of my gay friends are in open-relationships. I just thought it was normal. I got a bit bored at work, sexted a few guys. Can't see the big deal. It's my partner who I love. It's not like I've fallen for someone else and dumped him because of it.

No. Open-relationships are more common in a gay-relationship, but not to the extent you'd assume one to be open without discussing it (as is rather evident from his reaction).
You're both as bad as eachother. Yes, it's not acceptable for him to physically harm you or for him to throw you out of the house in your underwear or threaten you, but you've been sexting other guys and have cheated on him multiple times! Grow up, for goodness sake. It's clearly not going to work out between you, it sounds like there's just been too much water under the bridge and he's too cut up about it to recover. Please just try and have a shred of respect for the people who you date, I'd probably have gone a bit wacko if I'd found out my partner had been behaving like you too.
I think the 36 year old guy's reaction was worse than the actions of the cheating guy. I see violence almost like I see rape. You're intentionally causing harm and doing something to someone else's body against their will. I can't stand any type of violence at all and I think it's horrible.

Not that the 20 year old guy is a saint but yeah... I'd advice the OP to never come back into a relationship like that. The OP must have been terrified.
(edited 10 years ago)
I think it's clear this relationship you two had is very volatile. And I'm sure others would agree in saying that ending it would be the best thing.

You did cheat on him which is unforgivable in my eyes. From the thread title I was sure I would go in and post how nope, you cheated on someone the reaction is therefore justified.

But what he did to you is way too over the top in my opinion. He assaulted you, and had threatened you. I'd get on the phone to the police if that happened. And definitely do not give things another chance, as whats to say this can't happen again in the future? His actions could be a lot worse.
Reply 33
Original post by bad_moose
You're both as bad as eachother. Yes, it's not acceptable for him to physically harm you or for him to throw you out of the house in your underwear or threaten you, but you've been sexting other guys and have cheated on him multiple times! Grow up, for goodness sake. It's clearly not going to work out between you, it sounds like there's just been too much water under the bridge and he's too cut up about it to recover. Please just try and have a shred of respect for the people who you date, I'd probably have gone a bit wacko if I'd found out my partner had been behaving like you too.

Thank you for your advice. It's him who wants to get back together and meet up. He still says he loves me.

I'm unsure though. So much has happened. He never really trusted me in the first place. Always questioning me. And after this he'll be going through my phone 10 times a day!
But I love him. I want to be with him. I can't help the way I feel about him
Reply 34
Original post by DivinityA
I think it's clear this relationship you two had is very volatile. And I'm sure others would agree in saying that ending it would be the best thing.

You did cheat on him which is unforgivable in my eyes. From the thread title I was sure I would go in and post how nope, you cheated on someone the reaction is therefore justified.

But what he did to you is way too over the top in my opinion. He assaulted you, and had threatened you. I'd get on the phone to the police if that happened. And definitely do not give things another chance, as whats to say this can't happen again in the future? His actions could be a lot worse.

Thank you so much for your advice
Reply 35
Don't use this guy just to get away from your controlling parents. Ethical considerations aside, he's been violent towards you - you don't want to be depending on this guy for a roof over your head.
Reply 36
this is you guys?!

Reply 37
Original post by Echo*12
Should we meet up one last time to talk things over? We haven't talked about it face to face. He just decided to go psycho and throw me out.

It's up to you. It might give you both some closure. Although if you're worried about your safety it's probably best to meet up in a public place where other people are around, and keep it as civil as you can. He's going to be annoyed at you though - you can't really blame him for that!
Reply 38
You cheated on him, you deserve a firm punch in the face.
Original post by sebotobes
Let me just make that clearer for you.

:facepalm2: he wasn't saying "HE'S" because he thought it should be "SHE'S", he was saying it because it's not only the other guy that's a prick.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending