The Student Room Group

Permanent residence certificate needed for EU citizen living in UK 3+years?

Hi there, I'm a EU citizen living in the UK for more than 3 years. I applied for a loan sending an EU application form and after waiting for 2 months, I've been sent a new form from SFEngland to apply as a English student. The form asks for a 'settled status' and after calling SFE they told me I need to contact the Home Office and get a permanent residence certificate or certificate confirming I've got the right to stay in the UK permanently. Do I need that taking into account I'm an EEA citizen? Could I apply as a EU national as the Home Office could take months to proceed the registration form and my Uni can't wait much longer? What's the difference between applying as a EU student and an English student? Thanks everyone for your help! :smile:
Hi there,

In regards to applying as a home student, the only evidence our assessors would need would be your ID evidence and confirmation from yourself of your previous 3 years residency history - letter confirming all addresses you've lived at over the 3 years prior to the start of the Academic Year (if you haven't already including this information on the main application form).

Thanks,
Reply 2
Hi Could you plse give me any further details of where it says you only need the letter confirming that some one was staying and/or residing addresses. cause the SFE is confusing me I have been here living with family members and was sometimes working (working evidence available and sent to SFE) also I have provided tests I under went and I during which time the SFE is asking for proof of residency BUT I WAS NOT PAYING NO BILLS AS I WAS STAYING WITH MY FAMILY MEMBERS WHO CAN GIVE ME A LETTER THAT PROOF THAT I WAS LIVING WITH THEM BUT THE SFE IS STILL ASKING ME MORE PROOFS! WHERE SHOULD I GO FROM HERE.
PS; IM A DUTCH NATIONAL AND CURRENTLY FROM JUN 2013 STUDYING AN UNDERGRADUATE COURSE AT ST. PATRACKS COLLEGE IN HOLBORN
PLSE HELP IM REALLY CONFUSED
Hi there

We have a dedicated line set up which can assist you with your evidence queries based on your personal circumstances. Please call us on 01325 215947 for further assistance.

Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending