Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    So im currently first year at derby university studying graphic design, living at home with my parents. However the commuting is driving me insane and I decided to find some house mates for the second year of uni.

    Seen as i will be moving out of my parents rent free house to a house i now have to pay rent for will this affect the amount of loan i receive? As I am unsure whether studying from home entitles you to less loan than living in halls / private accommodation.

    • Official TSR Representative

    Official TSR Representative
    Hi Gazz,

    If you will be living away from home in the second year of your university course, you will be entitled to the 'Elsewhere' rate of Maintenance Loan.

    This means the amount of Maintenance Loan available to you will increase.


University open days

  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 23 Nov '18
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 23 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    All Faculties Undergraduate
    Sat, 24 Nov '18
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.