The Student Room Group

Ucas asking for birth certificate?

Its kind of strange because i've asked loads of people about it and none of them have had to do it...
Original post by shahbaz
Its kind of strange because i've asked loads of people about it and none of them have had to do it...

That's very unusual.

Have they said why they want it, and is there anything that is unusual about you / your application?
I had to do it because my passport was out of date, I also had to end them my son's birth certificate so that they counted me as independent.
Reply 3
Original post by x__justmyluck
I had to do it because my passport was out of date, I also had to end them my son's birth certificate so that they counted me as independent.

Thats wierd i mean they they also want my certificates for qualifications i might just call them. I presume you sent a photocopy?
That's weird.. you are the only person I've known who has been asked! Did they say why?
Original post by shahbaz
Thats wierd i mean they they also want my certificates for qualifications i might just call them. I presume you sent a photocopy?

No they wanted originals, they sent them back obviously.
Reply 6
Original post by abbiemac
That's weird.. you are the only person I've known who has been asked! Did they say why?

No they didnt say why so i might have to call them just to make sure...
Original post by shahbaz
No they didnt say why so i might have to call them just to make sure...

Yeah it'd probably be best to call them and confirm it, then I'm sure you'll have no problem sorting it out.
I think perhaps there has been an error somewhere in your application. Perhaps the wrong fee code, or dependency. It's an easy mistake to make.
Reply 9
Original post by shahbaz

are you sure you dont mean for student finance? ucas wouldnt ask for your birth certificate
Reply 10
Original post by jelly1000
are you sure you dont mean for student finance? ucas wouldnt ask for your birth certificate

100% sure its ucas.
Ah yeah mine was student finance, sorry.
Original post by shahbaz
100% sure its ucas.

We seem to be pretty stumped. I'd suggest ringing UCAS to ask

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending