The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by greeneyedgirl
I guess if you were underweight and needed to bulk up probably, but will be judging on best transformation with best being in sense of good not in sense of largest

Ah well it was worth a try!
I'm eating chicken breat, tuna and carrots mainly and I've doubled my training time but my love handles feel squishier and I've gone from 9st5 to 9st8.

Losing motivation fast.
Original post by JennaEmBee
I'm eating chicken breat, tuna and carrots mainly and I've doubled my training time but my love handles feel squishier and I've gone from 9st5 to 9st8.

Losing motivation fast.

Don't lose motivation, takes a while to see results, and weight can be very deceptive. Also depending on where you are hormonally that can have a major impact. You've got nothing to lose by keeping pushing and trying.
I've been eating like a horse and I'm about 95% certain I've piled weight on but I'm to afraid to check.
This is NOT going well.
Feeling much better about my progress :yep: Not as noticeable as last year but still good :h:
Original post by PinkMobilePhone
I've been eating like a horse and I'm about 95% certain I've piled weight on but I'm to afraid to check.
This is NOT going well.

:hugs: keep persevering!

Original post by cpdavis
Feeling much better about my progress :yep: Not as noticeable as last year but still good :h:

Still a long way to go, might suddenly make massive change, although you look fabby already hun!!
On target for my half marathon on 23rd February. Been averaging around 50 miles a week for the last couple of weeks and been doing lots of longer runs as well as my normal speed work and hill training. Just need to get the food right before and on race day and I ought to get a good time. 1hr 35 to beat is a tough shout but I think it's possible.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by k9markiii
On target for my half marathon on 23rd February. Been averaging around 50 miles a week for the last couple of weeks and been doing lots of longer runs as well as my normal speed work and hill training. Just need to get the food right before and on race day and I ought to get a good time. 1hr 35 to beat is a tough shout but I think it's possible.

Wow well done! Sounds like all going really well for you! Congrats!

That's amazing! 50 miles per week! I'm very jealous - I have one week glute and that botches up my knee every time. Where is your half marathon?
Original post by She-RaBrighton
That's amazing! 50 miles per week! I'm very jealous - I have one week glute and that botches up my knee every time. Where is your half marathon?

I'm very lucky to not get injuries. Doing the Great North West in Blackpool. It's fairly flat and goes along the promenade and back on a different level. You do two laps, the only possible problem with it as a course is it's quite exposed, which may be a problem if it's very windy.

Wow well done! Sounds like all going really well for you! Congrats!

Thanks very much. I'm trying. I also have BUCS cross country next week so that should be fun.
I'm very lucky to not get injuries. Doing the Great North West in Blackpool. It's fairly flat and goes along the promenade and back on a different level. You do two laps, the only possible problem with it as a course is it's quite exposed, which may be a problem if it's very windy.

Thanks very much. I'm trying. I also have BUCS cross country next week so that should be fun.

Was quite windy when I was doing my run today, although I enjoyed that because I get very hot and sweaty when I run. Unfortunately on my route back home have to pass an antiques shop which always has a crap ton of mirrors outside so get to see my lovely red face :afraid:
Was quite windy when I was doing my run today, although I enjoyed that because I get very hot and sweaty when I run. Unfortunately on my route back home have to pass an antiques shop which always has a crap ton of mirrors outside so get to see my lovely red face :afraid:

Haha. I swear I lose a few litres of water during a run. Good work. Are you doing the transformation despite not being able to enter as a judge?
Haha. I swear I lose a few litres of water during a run. Good work. Are you doing the transformation despite not being able to enter as a judge?

I am doing it under a dupe and hopefully will sort other fitness mods to do the judging and therefore be a valid entrant. However if I have to do judging then I'll just make my entry invalid.
I am doing it under a dupe and hopefully will sort other fitness mods to do the judging and therefore be a valid entrant. However if I have to do judging then I'll just make my entry invalid.

Aha probably a smart move not associating it with your main account.
Aha probably a smart move not associating it with your main account.

Indeed, esp as modding is on my CV and all my masters' applications :tongue:

Ooo that does sound chilly, sounds like the Brighton half in February - it's right along the coast so very nippy! Good luck with it and the BUCS XC - that's always a really great event.
Original post by JennaEmBee
My 'transformation' seems to be going backwards...

Awww, that's a shame.

Participants

As it's week 4 I thought it would be nice to call everyone together so we can spur each other on, celebrate each other's successes and give advice. I'll also do this in week 8 and then in week 12 at the end to see how we've all done!

So this week I was wondering if people wanted to share the biggest challenge they've faced so far, and how they've surprised themselves since the start of the contest!
I think for me the biggest challenge was actually going on that first run, just actually making myself get out the door and do it. I've surprised myself by actually sticking with it, I'm quite bad at starting things and not finishing them, and in all honesty I thought I'd have quit by now but instead I've kept up my three runs a week!
Suffered with back problems for a while, it's stopped me running and Deadlifting for the last 10 days. Other than that it's been going well :biggrin:

Latest