The Student Room Group

I'm bisexual but have a boyfriend, should i tell him?

I'm a 19 year old female and recently I've finally admitted to myself that i'm bisexual after years of questioning it. I am definitely attracted to men- perhaps more so men- but I am most definitely interested in women as well.

I've only ever had sexual relations with one person- my current boyfriend. He's also my first love and I never ever want to lose him. As I said, I've never had sexual contact with a woman, but I often fantasise about it and think about it when feeling aroused.

Even though I have imagined it, I don't want it to happen because I love my boyfriend and we have a trusting, monogamous relationship. I wouldn't dream of cheating on him or anything of the sort.

I guess i'm just wondering whether I should tell him i'm bisexual or not? What do you think? It feels like i'm keeping this massive secret from him (I've never told anyone before for fear of my boyfriend finding out and not wanting to be with me any more). he's honestly one of the kindest, most understanding people I've ever met, but if I tell him i'm bisexual he'll most likely freak out and think I don't want to be with him any more. I fear telling him could spell disaster for our relationship, and that is the last thing I want
Reply 1
tell him if its affecting you in any way

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending