The Student Room Group

Do i text him?

I'm not sure if I'll do a very good job explaining this but here goes: In summer I met a guy and we met a up a few times, during one of these he asked if I'd like to be his girlfriend, I said yes, blah blah blah. However, being the idiot I am I panicked and dumped him shortly afterwards. I really regretted it and one of his friends who I know said that he really liked me. Me, being the essentially shy person I am stupidly didn't do anything about this. A few weeks later he got a new gf, which upset me more. I hadn't heard from him until December asking if I wanted to meet up, we did a couple of times but to my disappointment it was only friendly. (I don't think by that point he had a gf anymore.) He's gone back to uni now but said he'd text me when he's next back. I just need to know if I should text him or message him or not, and if he's interested or just being friendly (I just don't see why he would suddenly start talking to me after four and a half months of nothing...) Thank you to anyone that bothers to read this :frown:
Reply 1
Hi I think you should text him... I can't really give any advice from personal experience, but it sounds as though you really like him and if I were you, I wouldn't want to lose him again :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
I'm not sure if I'll do a very good job explaining this but here goes: In summer I met a guy and we met a up a few times, during one of these he asked if I'd like to be his girlfriend, I said yes, blah blah blah. However, being the idiot I am I panicked and dumped him shortly afterwards. I really regretted it and one of his friends who I know said that he really liked me. Me, being the essentially shy person I am stupidly didn't do anything about this. A few weeks later he got a new gf, which upset me more. I hadn't heard from him until December asking if I wanted to meet up, we did a couple of times but to my disappointment it was only friendly. (I don't think by that point he had a gf anymore.) He's gone back to uni now but said he'd text me when he's next back. I just need to know if I should text him or message him or not, and if he's interested or just being friendly (I just don't see why he would suddenly start talking to me after four and a half months of nothing...) Thank you to anyone that bothers to read this :frown:

I'd text him. If he is interested then it's all good, if he's not and he's only looking to be friendly, then there's nothing lost but maybe you'll gain a good friend? maybe from there he'll become interested in you again? It would also give you a chance to explain that when you dumped him it was because you panicked and maybe he'll feel better about the situation (assuming he doesn't already know this).

You never know, something could happen. I've had ex's text me after six months of nothing and we would just hang out as friends afterwards and chill out, so I think you should text him :smile:

If you like him that much then do it, text him.
Reply 4

Don't.
Reply 5
I think he's probably moved on by now.
Reply 6
Original post by Anymousch
Don't.

Bad move?
Reply 7

lucky for you, im a love guru. people call me mr lover man. there exists no love dilemma that i cannot solve. i would have a phd in love if there ever was one.

ok enough of that

this one is easy. the guy is interested but not on a long term basis.. he doesn't really care whether he has you or not. so if you did text him on the premise of a relationship, he'd probably say yes but not because he thinks you're special. you're probably not the only girl he's taken a liking to.

so the good news is that he probably wont reject you but only because he's the type of guy that just likes to have a girl and you've come accross as the type of girl that would just take him.

it wont be wrong for you to still take him though. people date for experience all the time. but if its only experience you want, you can just holla at me. im 22 living in london. i can show you the ropes just like he can. im black so im more hung than he is too, and at least you know where u stand with me.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 8
The fact that he had a new girlfriend after a few weeks doesn't bode well for you, I'm afraid. Also, the fact that you said he now is no longer with her is equally bad. From what you've said here, it seems like he's just the kind of guy who likes female attention. However, I could be wrong, of course. If it was me, I would text him and just be friendly. At least you might gain a good friendship out of it, or if not, no harm, no foul.
Bad move?

Is he still with his girlfriend?
Yes, text him.

Life is too short to be left wondering "what if".

After all, what is the worst that could happen? He isn't interested?
Reply 11
Original post by Rock Fan
Is he still with his girlfriend?

No, I don't think that they lasted very long.
No, I don't think that they lasted very long.

Ok well go for it, what you got to lose. Worst thing you can do is dither or play games.
Reply 13
Original post by Rock Fan
Ok well go for it, what you got to lose. Worst thing you can do is dither or play games.

True. Thank you for the advice :smile:
So what happened?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending