The Student Room Group

Is it weird to want to be a girl?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by the bear
i) men will open doors for you

ii) swooning is not frowned upon

iii) eyebrows are not raised if you spend ages in the restroom with a companion of the same sex

Indeed :lol:

And we can have lots of piggybacks as we are lighter than men :biggrin:
Reply 61
Original post by Maid Marian
Indeed :lol:

did i miss any ? :beard:

PS i want to give you a piggyback now :redface:
Reply 62
It's not ''common'' or ''normal'', but if that's what floats your boat then you're entitled to think and desire to be that way :smile:
I don't think it's that weird, I used to really want to be a boy because they lead such easier lives ...

I often think about how much easier life would be if I were a woman, so I guess the grass is always greener.
Original post by cuckoo99
A lot of men including myself often feel like many camp individuals are trying to hard to be like women, instead of embracing their sex or attempting to change it they are staying in a limbo that confuses us straight blokes. and makes us just think "if you're gunna act more girlier than most girls 24/7 then why not just get a sex change".

Ofc its ridiculous and you reserve the right to behave however you want as long as ur not hurting anybody, but that's how the majority of men feel about the cloudy area that is male femininity.

I don't know how you think you can speak for the majority of men, but whoever thinks like this needs to grow up.
Why don't you just stay a man but be a drag queen? :lol: Btw it is perfectly OK to identify in whatever way. I identify as a guy and that's OK. But no it's not normal- because being normal is BORING! :boring: :lolz: And ignore anyone on here who bitches at you. People are silly and you are awesome. :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 66
I certainly don't think it's normal, but that's just my opinion.

I don't think you're the only one who feels that way though. I believe a few may feel the same way, but not everyone.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Pride
I disagree. I think that the pair of sex chromosomes in a person's cells dictate whether that person is male or female. I don't really acknowledge there being anything 'in between' just because a person 'feels' that they are something different to what their genome dictates. That's not being narrow minded, that's just facing the facts that we've observed and worked out so far. I believe God made man and he made woman. Regardless of whether there's thousands of people who feel that way, or whether there's only two, it means nothing to me, if I'm totally honest. Not that I have anything against transgender people.

Well I guess I see it a bit differently to you. To me it appears that a persons chromosomes dictate how a persons body develops. That is all they dictate, that is why we're all different, and we have feminine men, masculine females, gay people, bisexual people and transgender people. Chromosomes don't dictate how someone feels. If someone feels happier living their life as a different gender to what they were born, then I don't see a problem, I don't see why you would deny them that as their own reality.

Your god isn't real to me, he isn't something I believe in, but I don't march up to Christians and tell them that their god isn't real and they can't ever go to heaven coz it doesn't exist and they're wasting their time worshipping a man in the sky. I let them have their belief and worship in peace because I understand that it is real to them and they're happy living that way, and my opposing it isn't going to change their mind, it's just going to make their encounter with me negative and unpleasant. You identify as a Christian, they identify as transgender. Treat them the way you would like atheists to treat you.
(edited 10 years ago)
Hellfire beckons...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 69
I don't think your unusual as a lot of gay guys are girlies than females, and still identify as male. I can understand why being female it may be easier to find a more manly guy who wants to protect you, but there are some straight acting guys who are quite manly. And also a lot of straight males are not particularly manly or alpha males, so females too settle for men who are not really that masculine
Reply 70
Original post by AliJDB
Well I guess I see it a bit differently to you. To me it appears that a persons chromosomes dictate how a persons body develops. That is all they dictate, that is why we're all different, and we have feminine men, masculine females, gay people, bisexual people and transgender people. Chromosomes don't dictate how someone feels. If someone feels happier living their life as a different gender to what they were born, then I don't see a problem, I don't see why you would deny them that as their own reality.

Your god isn't real to me, he isn't something I believe in, but I don't march up to Christians and tell them that their god isn't real and they can't ever go to heaven coz it doesn't exist and they're wasting their time worshipping a man in the sky. I let them have their belief and worship in peace because I understand that it is real to them and they're happy living that way, and my opposing it isn't going to change their mind, it's just going to make their encounter with me negative and unpleasant. You identify as a Christian, they identify as transgender. Treat them the way you would like atheists to treat you.

It's not the same. You can't compare these things - or at least, not from my viewpoint and worldview.

Not only that, but also, I have not said that I think they should be excluded or ignored. I just say that I don't agree with what they think.
Reply 71
Original post by Anonymous
Ok, so I don't feel like I am a woman. I'm male and identify as such.
But it's been bugging me that I keep thinking about being a girl, and I know I would prefer it to being a boy.

When I'm with my female friends I feel so much more myself. I am fairly girly, I suppose. I am content with being male, but I do think to myself that I'd prefer to be a girl.

Is it weird to think this?

btw I'm gay

I don't think it's strange at all. You might be gender fluid, gender doesn't have to be, and in fact doesn't always act as a fixed point. Your sex is what is down below, but your gender is another matter instead. Maybe you could find a dedicated forum for LGBT+ to discuss it better with others going through the same thing? Sometimes TSR isn't always forgiving of such topics or simplifies them.
Reply 72
Original post by KJane
I don't think it's strange at all. You might be gender fluid, gender doesn't have to be, and in fact doesn't always act as a fixed point. Your sex is what is down below, but your gender is another matter instead. Maybe you could find a dedicated forum for LGBT+ to discuss it better with others going through the same thing? Sometimes TSR isn't always forgiving of such topics or simplifies them.

Yeah that's a good idea, I'm not sure where's the best place to ask though
Original post by Anonymous
Yeah that's a good idea, I'm not sure where's the best place to ask though

Tumblr is a good place for info about this kind of thing. :smile:
To be honest I have always been curious to what having a g-spot is like :sexface:

Also multiple orgasms :curious:
(edited 10 years ago)
I don't think it's that weird, I used to really want to be a boy because they lead such easier lives ...

Well you will never have to experience a blow to the man parts :tongue:
Thats like a kitten wanting to be a mitten, it just makes no sense.
OP, not really weird but shows you're mentally weak. You don't like who you are.

Embrace yourself, be you. You'll be more happy im sure of it
im straight but im not content with my bodies gender, it just doesn't feel right being a boy but im into doing boys stuff and dating girls but i would prefere to were girls clothes in a girls body how do you do it and also am i weird because of this. does it mean that i would be a tomboy if i was a girl, i've been so confused and still am for the last 3 years.
I'm a guy and not feminine at all myself, but there is nothing wrong with you. There are fem straight guys and fem gay guys and no attributes of character displayed in this way are bad. However, if you are excessively femmine or camp some people may judge you or think it is weird. That is their problem, not yours. However, be prepared to face some judgment from certain (jackass) people. Hopefully most will be understanding. You sound like a decent guy. You do you and best luck 😎👍🏻
(edited 3 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending