The Student Room Group

Student Finance England. Someone can help me ?

Hello, I have a big problem: I sent the request for university funding to a university that has rejected my application. Now, to get financing for another university, what should I do?
I still have not received the answers to all universities. I need to delete the application and do it again later?
In addition in my information is reported that I am a student born in Britain but at the time of registration I specified that I am a foreign student (Italian). What can I do? Thanks
Reply 1
Original post by matteo94
Hello, I have a big problem: I sent the request for university funding to a university that has rejected my application. Now, to get financing for another university, what should I do?
I still have not received the answers to all universities. I need to delete the application and do it again later?
In addition in my information is reported that I am a student born in Britain but at the time of registration I specified that I am a foreign student (Italian). What can I do? Thanks

I will try my best to help you.

Firstly if you have submitted your application with different university details to the one you are attending then you can send in a paper form with your updated course details (attach a cover letter to explain) and then your app will be updated and reassessed.

You stated you have not received answers from all the universities, this is fine as you can update your details whenever, so just complete the application with any course info (or leave it blank and it will be fine too)

The part I can not help you with is where you say you put down you were born in Britain but are actually Italian - I think you should phone SFE about this.
Reply 2
I have a similar problem... My nationality is Polish and I stated that my place of birth is Warsaw, however in my personal details my nationality is British.
Reply 3
Original post by ntlronat
I have a similar problem... My nationality is Polish and I stated that my place of birth is Warsaw, however in my personal details my nationality is British.

Even for British citizens, recent residency is critical.

In order to qualify as a Home student, you need to have lived in the UK for three years before the start of your degree course. You also need to have come to the UK for a reason other than education. So it would be OK if you came for work, or because your parents came here to work. However if you had only come to the UK to go to school and your family/permanent address remained in Poland, then you would be an EU student.

If you are British but have lived in Poland for three years before the start of your degree, then you will be classed as an EU student.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending