The Student Room Group

Men! Would You Prefer To Marry A Virgin?

Poll

If You Had To Get Married, Would You Prefer To Marry A Virgin?

Many of us have probably realised that marriage is a terrible deal for men in the West, and it's best to either not get married or find a feminine woman from outside the feminist-corrupted West, but supposing you were to get married would you prefer a virgin? (You can sleep with her before marriage, it's just she has not been ravaged by any other men's penises in any of her orifices.)

We have had some recent polls about virginity - men seem to have a strong preference for virginity while many women became hysterical at men having preferences they didn't like. Unfortunately these polls were not public so the results have been skewed by the women voting. This poll will help to indicate the truth. By giving women some voting choices too it will probably also indicate that male virgins are nowhere near as popular as female virgins.

This will indicate that any 'double standard' that feminists complain about is entirely due to women. There has traditionally been just one standard: promiscuous people were not marriage material. Sluts and cads were both shamed and ostracised with good reason. Women are free to ignore that wisdom and chase after cads, and can sleep around all they like, but men with options will not commit to them. If women are fine with being used for sex and never want to get married or have children then they can be as promiscuous as they like, but if they want a family there are severe consequences for promiscuity: men have expressed a strong preference for virginity throughout history.

As an added bonus, here is evidence that the more sexual partners a woman has, the greater the risk of divorce (= you losing half your money, being kicked out of your house and losing your kids): http://socialpathology.blogspot.co.uk/2010/09/sexual-partner-divorce-risk.html

Basically this research suggests we should ignore or pump and dump sluts then marry a feminine virgin. :borat:
(edited 10 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

yes i would prefer a virgin but thats kind of hypocritical because i aint lol
Well, looks like it's all downhill up until 21+...and then it gets better.

Moral of the story: Ladies, if you aren't a virgin, become a massive slag.
Reply 3
I'll marry a good person. Couldn't give a **** how many times they've had sex, honestly, it doesn't define a person.
Reply 4
Original post by PostKeynesian
yes i would prefer a virgin but thats kind of hypocritical because i aint lol

Not at all. Men and women are valued for different things. :smile:

Women are valued for youth, beauty, femininity and chastity.

Men are valued for wealth, status, power, confidence, masculinity, success.

As this poll will probably show, men prefer virgins, women prefer non-virgins.

Spoiler

Original post by drake10

hmm never though of it that way. I just always thought of it like the woman will only have been with u but uve been with others so its not that special.
I think if you get married and u both lose ur virgininty with each other its mroe special and you'll have more of a bond. but i may be wrong
I feel like a retard because I don't understand that chart :cry2:
Reply 8
Original post by drake10

All this poll shows is that OP is a massive ****!
Reply 9
Obviously
Reply 10
Yeh

what guy doesn't

it is kinda of an unrealistic expectation in this country though.
Reply 11
Original post by Silver Arrows
I feel like a retard because I don't understand that chart :cry2:

It shows that women with low sexual partner counts are less likely to get divorced within ten years of marriage. (To be fair, the same is probably true of men - hence the traditional wisdom that promiscuous people of either gender are not marriage material.)

It uses data from a couple of studies, but if you just look at the bar chart, a woman who lost her virginity to her husband (whether before or after marriage) has a ~20% chance of being divorced within ten years, a woman who slept with one other person has a ~45% chance of being divorced within ten years (a huge increase in risk!), a woman who slept with five other men has a ~70% chance of being divorced within ten years, and a huge slut who's slept with 16+ sexual partners has an ~80% chance of divorce within ten years.

Tl;dr: unless you like the prospect of being financially and emotionally ruined in a divorce, either avoid marriage or seek a partner with as few sexual partners as possible (ideally a virgin).

Original post by Cobbler
All this poll shows is that OP is a massive ****!

Ahh, a woman who doesn't like the truth and resorts to emotional shaming instead of a logical counterargument. Can you justify your post with logic please? :h:
Not getting married so I'm going to go ahead and spoil my ballot.

P.S. That poll is a masterpiece.
would prefer a virign but it's not a deal breaker
Reply 14
Original post by A Perfect Circle
Not getting married so I'm going to go ahead and spoil my ballot.

P.S. That poll is a masterpiece.

You are not gonna give up 50% of your things to some random woman?

what has the world come to...
Reply 15
There is no way I'd marry a virgin because I wouldn't be willing to wait for marriage to have sex.

As for relationships in general I couldn't care less if she's a virgin or not.
What a completely unbiased poll you have there.

TSR has to be filled with the most unfortunate men I've ever come across.

You're not going to be marrying virgins ten years down the line, you're going to be in therapy.
My future wife has to be a virgin, I would prefer the mother of my future children to have certain qualities and strong morals. I've personally gone out of my way too stay a virgin and so Its pretty much a prerequisite.
Original post by Meyrin
What a completely unbiased poll you have there.

TSR has to be filled with the most unfortunate men I've ever come across.

You're not going to be marrying virgins ten years down the line, you're going to be in therapy.

You'd be surprised, some of these nerds are going to be pulling in the big bucks by the time they're 30 and will end up having the pick of the ladies.

Spoiler

Reply 19
Original post by Blobba
You are not gonna give up 50% of your things to some random woman?

what has the world come to...

With men's increasing realisation of what a rotten deal marriage is today, young women are going to really struggle to get married if they wait too long while more and more men wise up! :borat:

Original post by ilem
There is no way I'd marry a virgin because I wouldn't be willing to wait for marriage to have sex.

I've clarified the post. I meant that she's a virgin when she meets you and only ever has sex with you - not that you need to wait until marriage.

Latest