The Student Room Group

Would you date someone who smoked cigarettes?

Scroll to see replies

No. To me it says that you re not careful with money and that you don't value your health. Plus it stinks.
As along as he wasnt a chain smoker and only smoked occasionaly. Otherwise, no.
Reply 22
Yeah I wouldn't mind to be honest.
Original post by RibenaRockstar
To me it says that you re not careful with money and that you don't value your health.

it's good and bad news then?
Original post by cambio wechsel
it's good and bad news then?

Hm? I would prefer to go out with someone who's good with cash and who has long-term ambitions for the future.
Also I have a really bad reaction to cigarette smoke (respiratory issues!)

If I were into casual sex then apart from the smell/smoke issue I wouldn't have a problem with smokers. But I don't really see the point of getting with someone unless you think you'll be with them for a sizeable period of time (a couple of months is long enough for someone's bad habits with cash/ lack of long-term ambition to rub off on you).

The reason I'm saying long-term ambition is that I mean a wish to have a long and fruitful life, and thus the work ethic/ dedication to make that happen. If you smoke you're shortening your own life.
Hm? I would prefer to go out with someone who's good with cash and who has long-term ambitions for the future.

Ah, I would be frankly terrified of a woman for whom the way in which I spent my cash was a factor here. And that because it is my cash.

I'd write more, but you understand I'm jonesing for a fag.
Original post by cambio wechsel
Ah, I would be frankly terrified of a woman for whom the way in which I spent my cash was a factor here. And that because it is my cash.

I'd write more, but you understand I'm jonesing for a fag.

It's not that it's spending it on something I don't approve of - it's that it's literally burning money. (And I've never seen a smoker smiling while smoking) I couldn't give a **** if a prospective partner spent a lot of money on a Star Wars habit, or on books, or football tickets, or anything like that. It's throwing money away on something that WILL kill you.

Edited to add: I mentioned before that I don't see the point in dating someone who couldn't be long term - if I'm going to live with someone and marry them, and have a joint bank account, they'd better be good with cash!
Reply 27
No. To me it says that you re not careful with money and that you don't value your health. Plus it stinks.

This.
Reply 28
no it would not work out
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 29
I wouldn't even consider it. And if my boyfriend ever develops a habit for smoking a substance of any sort I will tell him to choose me or the smoking.
No, I find it disgusting. Would also show he had zero respect for his health.
No. I don't really mind the smell of smoke too much, but I absolutely hate the fact that the smell clings to my hair and clothes all day.
Original post by TitanicTeutonicPhil
Sure. In girls, it's actually sexy. And it keeps them slim.

How does it keep them slim? 0.o I want a citation on that one.
Would prefer not to!
Reply 34
I wouldn't date a smoker, horrid kissing an ash tray.
Reply 35
Original post by anosmianAcrimony
How does it keep them slim? 0.o I want a citation on that one.

Its suppose to decrease your appetite, a few of my friends started smoking for that reason.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Nope

#Ex-smoker
Reply 37
No. Smoking is a disgusting, abnormal and deviant behaviour.
Reply 38
No.
I'd rather they didn't but it's not a deal breaker.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending