The Student Room Group

Girls, would you date a guy who wasn't bothered about sex?

Say if a guy loved kissing, cuddling, giving/receiving oral, touching each other's bodies, all intimate stuff apart from intercourse (penis in vagina), would you date such a guy?

From my limited experience in dating, I have discovered that girls always want more than just kissing and cuddling. If you kiss them passionately and feel them up, they expect penis in vagina intercourse. Girls, do you expect the same and would it be a dealbreaker if a guy didn't want this?

Scroll to see replies

Sorry but it would be a dealbreaker for me. Sex is a really big part of my relationship and I would never be fully satisfied without it. I think intimacy is a really important thing in a relationship, along with feeling desired by your partner.

Sex is at different levels on everyone's priority scale though. I'm sure there are a lot of girls who aren't that bothered about it, but I'd say that most probably consider it to be an important part of a relationship.

Also, oral does very little for me and masturbating is good but not anywhere near as good as actual sex.
Reply 2
I'm interested in this thread as I'm not a guy who wants or feels comfortable with the idea of sex or somebody being inside me despite most girls thinking that's all men want :s-smilie:
Reply 3
Original post by MissDavies
Sorry but it would be a dealbreaker for me. Sex is a really big part of my relationship and I would never be fully satisfied without it. I think intimacy is a really important thing in a relationship, along with feeling desired by your partner.

Sex is at different levels on everyone's priority scale though. I'm sure there are a lot of girls who aren't that bothered about it, but I'd say that most probably consider it to be an important part of a relationship.

Also, oral does very little for me and masturbating is good but not anywhere near as good as actual sex.
I do love intimacy but the actual sex (penis in vagina) I am not so keen on. I have read that, as a general rule, girls love intimacy and guys love sex so surely girls wouldn't mind not having penis in vagina sex, or having it very rarely?
Original post by Riku
I'm interested in this thread as I'm not a guy who wants or feels comfortable with the idea of sex or somebody being inside me despite most girls thinking that's all men want :s-smilie:

No one would be inside you.. you'd be inside someone :facepalm:.
Reply 5
Original post by Riku
Someone inside you? You might want to rephrase that unless you are gay.

But I am glad there is at least one guy out there who shares my views. Why do you not feel comfortable with the idea of sex? For me, I love intimacy no question but penis in vagina sex is not something that I care about.
Reply 6
Original post by ILovePancakes
No one would be inside you.. you'd be inside someone :facepalm:.

True :tongue:
I should rephrase, it's the idea of being that intimate with someone that is really effing scary
Reply 7
Original post by Anonymous
Someone inside you? You might want to rephrase that unless you are gay.

But I am glad there is at least one guy out there who shares my views. Why do you not feel comfortable with the idea of sex? For me, I love intimacy no question but penis in vagina sex is not something that I care about.

At this moment in time being so close to someone would be very uncomfortable. At worst I would fear what they could do to my body :/ at best it would mean I would have to trust them 10000%
and this isn't just because of my breakup, I wasn't ready to have sex with her (although I loved her), that was one of the appeals of the 'no premarital sex' situation. Which is why it was strange that one of the reasons that she let me go was because she felt I should be able to go screw someone while I'm young more or less wtf :s-smilie:

However it would be lovely to cuddle, kiss, hold hands…basically I'd look for puppy love. I'm a vanilla cupcake aren't I :tongue:
Reply 8
I don't see that would matter too much as long as they were willing to satisfy my sexual appetite with oral ect
I'd be very happy with that tbh :colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I do love intimacy but the actual sex (penis in vagina) I am not so keen on. I have read that, as a general rule, girls love intimacy and guys love sex so surely girls wouldn't mind not having penis in vagina sex, or having it very rarely?

I think that 'general rule' is very out-dated, all of my friends of both genders love both sex and intimacy. I can't speak for any girls outside of my friendship group but personally I need to have actual sex with my partner because it feels amazing and nothing else quite comes close to it. Depends how much you mean by very rarely, I could probably cope with once a week but not less than that.

What is it about the idea of sex that you don't like? Personally I think oral is more personal than vaginal sex.
Reply 11

Same as.

I do know a couple that hasn't had piv sex for about five years now, though. It's more the woman's choice (she despises it) than the man's, but he is, obviously, not bothered.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by squealia
I don't see that would matter too much as long as they were willing to satisfy my sexual appetite with oral ect
I am fine with oral, giving and receiving.

Original post by Odd socks
I'd be very happy with that tbh :colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Why would you be and do you think most girls are?

I think that 'general rule' is very out-dated, all of my friends of both genders love both sex and intimacy. I can't speak for any girls outside of my friendship group but personally I need to have actual sex with my partner because it feels amazing and nothing else quite comes close to it. Depends how much you mean by very rarely, I could probably cope with once a week but not less than that.

What is it about the idea of sex that you don't like? Personally I think oral is more personal than vaginal sex.
Why can't you do the intimate stuff like kissing and cuddling, then finish off with your dildo or vibrator? Why do you need a guy's penis inside you? Most girls can't orgasm through penetration anyway so it's pretty useless other than a means to get pregnant.

Original post by awe
Same as.

I do know a couple that hasn't had piv sex for about five years now, though. It's more the woman's choice (she despises it) than the man's, but he is, obviously, not bothered.
Why have they not had piv sex?

Why would you be and do you think most girls are?

I'm unable to have piv sex anyway so if the guy didn't want it then it would remove a lot of guilt about being unable to give him what he wanted.

I think I'm in the minority tbh, most girls would want to have 'full' sex

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why can't you do the intimate stuff like kissing and cuddling, then finish off with your dildo or vibrator? Why do you need a guy's penis inside you? Most girls can't orgasm through penetration anyway so it's pretty useless other than a means to get pregnant.

Dildos and vibrators do their best but nothing feels quite the same as a penis. It's hard to explain to a man who doesn't know how it feels! I can orgasm through penetration and do 90% of the time I have sex. I have never had an orgasm in my life through oral or fingering.

Edit: Like awe below me says, sex isn't all about the orgasm anyway, the whole experience is fun. Besides, if there's no sex then there would be no spanking, bondage, fun new positions etc and all of those can be great!
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 15

Why have they not had piv sex?

'It's pretty useless'?! The sole purpose of sex is not just to have an orgasm or to reproduce. o.O What a terrible perspective. Sex is enjoyable, you know. Obviously no-one needs a guy's penis inside of them, but if that is how they want and love to have sex, why would they sacrifice that if it's important to them?

I already said - because she hates it. It is related to abuse as a child.
Yes as long as we could still be intimate and affectionate, I wouldn't be fussed about not having sex often.
Is it the case that you hate the idea of sexual intercourse with a girl, and would never do it? Or is it more that you're not fussed? If the latter, then why not just do it with your potential partner to make her happy? It's not like sex feels bad anyway, so you won't be making much of a sacrafice.
Original post by Danz123
Is it the case that you hate the idea of sexual intercourse with a girl, and would never do it? Or is it more that you're not fussed? If the latter, then why not just do it with your potential partner to make her happy? It's not like sex feels bad anyway, so you won't be making much of a sacrafice.
I'm not fussed about it. The feeling I get isn't especially exciting. It feels warm, a little uncomfortable and tight (my penis isn't particularly big either). I get so little out of it. But I do like intimacy a lot, such as kissing and cuddling.
[INDENT]
I'm not fussed about it. The feeling I get isn't especially exciting. It feels warm, a little uncomfortable and tight (my penis isn't particularly big either). I get so little out of it. But I do like intimacy a lot, such as kissing and cuddling.

:lolwut: You sure you're doing it right?

In any case, why not talk to her, maybe use lub or something rather than just giving up altogether.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending