Turn on thread page Beta

Taking shoes off in the library - yay or nay? watch

ReputationRep:
    I normally do if I'm wearing slip on dolly shoes but I'm wearing full blown boots right now and ugh I want to take them off any get comfy but it's not as casual as simply slipping them off.

My feet don't smell.

ReputationRep:
    Take them off :lol:

ReputationRep:
    No that's disgusting. And very unladylike.

I've never seen anyone do this, but go for it

ReputationRep:
    Yay! I'd do the same.

No one else should have a problem with it since you said your feet don't smell bad.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Depends on how busy it is. If you've not got anyone within a few metres of you, go for it.

ReputationRep:
    yay if your a girl

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by r_u_jelly)
    yay if your a girl
    Do you have a foot fetish?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by toonervoustotalk)
    Do you have a foot fetish?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    yeahh , but nothing extreme. I don't find them unattractive

Go for it. In my office I take my socks off as well.

My comfort > everybody else

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't. For some reason I don't feel comfortable taking my shoes off in public places

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Airfairy)
    I normally do if I'm wearing slip on dolly shoes but I'm wearing full blown boots right now and ugh I want to take them off any get comfy but it's not as casual as simply slipping them off.

My feet don't smell.
    Bit rude if there are people next to you or if people can see them. I'm sure they smell like roses but the fact doesn't change that it is generally rude. I wouldn't mind personally though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 1tartanarmy)
    Bit rude if there are people next to you or if people can see them. I'm sure they smell like roses but the fact doesn't change that it is generally rude. I wouldn't mind personally though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I didn't end up taking my boots off in the end. However, I am curious as to how it can be seen as rude? If I saw someone next to me with their trainers off I don't think I'd think 'wow he's rude'.

ReputationRep:
    I didn't end up taking my boots off in the end. However, I am curious as to how it can be seen as rude? If I saw someone next to me with their trainers off I don't think I'd think 'wow he's rude'.
    Dunno...if you were sitting next to someone off with stinking feet I'm pretty sure u wd say its rude no?

ReputationRep:
    Dunno...if you were sitting next to someone off with stinking feet I'm pretty sure u wd say its rude no?

But his/her feet supposedly don't smell bad so in that case it's not rude?

ReputationRep:
    Nay.

ReputationRep:
    As long as your feet don't smell and you stay at your desk, I don't see a problem. If you get up to walk around, you should put your shoes back on though.

ReputationRep:
    Well yeah if there was a smell coming from someone I'd find it rude, but as I said my feet don't smell.

ReputationRep:
    Well yeah if there was a smell coming from someone I'd find it rude, but as I said my feet don't smell.

That may be the case... but people sitting across the room don't know that. Also for me gender matters. Guys would be ruder for me than a girl would. Just the nature of things. I would move away from a guy but girls tend to take more care with theirs.

ReputationRep:
    Nay. Someone in my uni had their bare feet up on the chair next to them the other day and it was minging

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.