The Student Room Group

Do girls pay attention to a guys hairstyle ?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by HeyFromNY_USA
Will she be reported for off topic posts? She should be. Otherwise it's a conspiracy.

Seems kind of strange to quote me and put 'she', knowing I'll read it as you'll give me a notification...

I was merely saying that I care more about grammar than hair, it's not off topic.
yes hair is important and each style depends on the person
Don't tell me it's last year. Every hot male rocks that hairstyle still. Especially where I am, it's still going. And celebs still wear it. It's not going anywhere. No one likes this hobo look. So last...never.

Woah, why so aggro? I was being sarcastic jesus, I'm not pathetic enough to use hairstyles as a way to insult people especially as I don't even know you. Clearly it's still in as a gazillion guys still stick to it. I'm just sick of it because it's boring and safe, not to mention every other guy is sporting the cut.

As for the "hobo" look, plenty of women love it. You evidently haven't met a guy that can pull it off well or it's just not your type.
Original post by Caitlin_3008
Seems kind of strange to quote me and put 'she', knowing I'll read it as you'll give me a notification...

I was merely saying that I care more about grammar than hair, it's not off topic.

:curious: Lmao don't try to play me for a passive aggressive punk. I couldn't care less about you so I didn't direct you. If you felt bothered by seeing the quote I wasn't even worrying about that. :rolleyes: If I said something about your stupid post no one would know, so I quoted you, obviously. You didn't have to respond, and nobody's shaking over here too much to say your name lassie. Now go back to what you were doing.
Original post by Green Velvet
Woah, why so aggro? I was being sarcastic jesus, I'm not pathetic enough to use hairstyles as a way to insult people especially as I don't even know you. Clearly it's still in as a gazillion guys still stick to it. I'm just sick of it because it's boring and safe, not to mention every other guy is sporting the cut.

As for the "hobo" look, plenty of women love it. You evidently haven't met a guy that can pull it off well or it's just not your type.

I'm "aggro" because I put up something that I find attractive and you didn't have to criticize it. I bring the claws out if I feel like someone is being catty with me. Just the way it goes. And you weren't being sarcastic because you just said you don't like the cut. If you don't like it pass on, don't quote me and say what I like is "last year" and then smile which I feel is antagonizing. Don't worry about it. You say Faux Hawks are last year, and I say it's the hobo look.
Reply 25
:curious: Lmao don't try to play me for a passive aggressive punk. I couldn't care less about you so I didn't direct you. If you felt bothered by seeing the quote I wasn't even worrying about that. :rolleyes: If I said something about your stupid post no one would know, so I quoted you, obviously. You didn't have to respond, and nobody's shaking over here too much to say your name lassie. Now go back to what you were doing.

I think you need to calm down and stop being so odd with people, seriously.
I'm perfectly entitled to state my opinion on a thread, so there's no need for you to quote me and say I should be reported :rolleyes:
:yawn: I see your notification Caitlin and I'm not
interested.

Anyway, I love simple, naturally colored fohawks because it shows a man takes pride in his appearance and is in touch with his feminine side, which shows he is sensual where and when it counts. At least that's the myth. As long as he doesn't take up my time in the bathroom gelling his hair.

I've also seen men who like dye their hair and do like really rebel punk cuts, like long green spikes hair looking like pop sickles. I don't like. I also like dreads when they're neat. :yep: I don't like braids on anyone but I like long hair on nonwhites.
I'm "aggro" because I put up something that I find attractive and you didn't have to criticize it. I bring the claws out if I feel like someone is being catty with me. Just the way it goes. And you weren't being sarcastic because you just said you don't like the cut. If you don't like it pass on, don't quote me and say what I like is "last year" and then smile which I feel is antagonizing. Don't worry about it. You say Faux Hawks are last year, and I say it's the hobo look.

No. You just fail to understand basic humour/banter across the internet despite the obvious. If I was going to be catty I'd be a lot more transparent- I have no reason to filter my words or add a smiley unless I mean it. Quit finding reasons to argue to death with someone, for heavens sake I just stated what hairstyle I prefer. I didn't say which was factually better (excluding the initial line, because once again it's called sarcasm).
No. You just fail to understand basic humour/banter across the internet despite the obvious. If I was going to be catty I'd be a lot more transparent- I have no reason to filter my words or add a smiley unless I mean it. Quit finding reasons to argue to death with someone, for heavens sake I just stated what hairstyle I prefer. I didn't say which was factually better (excluding the initial line, because once again it's called sarcasm).

Well as you're a stranger and I have no idea who you are how am I supposed to find it funny when my personal opinion is being criticized. It's not that type of conversation, girl.

Point is: you should've moved on if you didn't like it or if you just have to be a free little bird and speak your mind when no one asked you, prepare for someone not finding it funny. Life lesson, not just the internet. \

OKokokokokok I get it. Move on now.
Reply 29
Original post by Vixen47
It's one of those things where the answer is "it depends on the girl".

For me personally, yeah, hair is one of the main things that has me attracted to a guy. I really don't like my current boyfriend's hair (it's not bad, it just doesn't look right with his Johnny Deppish bone structure) but I look past it because it's so insignificant and not worth thinking twice about. It's just hair. I find it weird I'm saying that. It's only when you're with someone who doesn't fit your ideal (I'm a picky perfectionist so my ideal is/was everything to me) that you realise certain things like hair are totally insignificant.

Get him down to a professional hair place - you'll thank me later when his hair makes you want to mount him every 5 seconds

I think you need to calm down and stop being so odd with people, seriously.
I'm perfectly entitled to state my opinion on a thread, so there's no need for you to quote me and say I should be reported :rolleyes:

She blocked me because I brought up how weird she is :lol:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 30
:yawn: I see your notification Caitlin and I'm not
interested.

So uninterested you decided to reply. Of course, logical :rolleyes:
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Personally, I think that hairstyles aren't that important.

There's not a set hair trend where I think it makes anybody attractive, because everybody is different, and hairstyles suit some people more than others. A popular style might look great on one person, as it suits their facial features, but on another person it might not look as good because of a different 'look' or facial structure.

Of course, if it looks good, you're probably likely to get more attention, but it's not important at all IMO :smile:
Well as you're a stranger and I have no idea who you are how am I supposed to find it funny when my personal opinion is being criticized. It's not that type of conversation, girl.

Point is: you should've moved on if you didn't like it or if you just have to be a free little bird and speak your mind when no one asked you, prepare for someone not finding it funny. Life lesson, not just the internet. \

OKokokokokok I get it. Move on now.

Well when you put your opinion out there, especially on a forum, be prepared for others stating theirs. That's what the reply button is there for. My intention wasn't to start a debate, just a conversation. But clearly "it's not that type of conversation".

I'm moving on now.
Reply 32
Original post by Oats
She blocked me because I brought up how weird she is :lol:

Who? O.o
Well when you put your opinion out there, especially on a forum, be prepared for others stating theirs. That's what the reply button is there for. My intention wasn't to start a debate, just a conversation. But clearly "it's not that type of conversation".

I'm moving on now.

Funny you can state your opinion but I can't state mine? Lmao I know the type of cast TSR has and so I don't find anything funny unless
it actually
is funny?
You're not my "homegirl" for me to just see you and find that funny? Yes. Move on.
Funny you can state your opinion but I can't state mine? Lmao I know the type of cast TSR has and so I don't find anything funny unless
it actually
is funny?
You're not my "homegirl" for me to just see you and find that funny? Yes. Move on.

When did I say you couldn't state yours??? Dear lord if you're going to argue with me, at least have the decency to not make **** up.

So uninterested you decided to reply. Of course, logical :rolleyes:

Shut up, how did I reply to you then. I mentioned you, and as I was typing your stupid note came up. I chose not to read it but your basic short post bumped before mine so it looks like I did reply simply because it's underneath, as it's longer and took more time than yours. I never replied to you. All this happened because you responded when I never addressed you. I can quote you if I want.

And to Green Velvet, I do like that look, but the guy in that photo looks like a hobo with the hair. Doesn't suit him. Obviously women like long hair.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 36
Who? O.o

USA girl who just ranted at you
When did I say you couldn't state yours??? Dear lord if you're going to argue with me, at least have the decency to not make **** up.

You're acting like a victim because I said he looks like a hobo and I got "aggro" with you because your "sarcasm" looked like catty. Everyone knows sarcasm and quick chat don't mix. And don't let any thumbs boost your confidence :rolleyes:
Reply 38
Original post by Oats
USA girl who just ranted at you

Ah, right, yeah... Could do with being suspended :rolleyes:
I feel when i get a good haircut i feel more confidant, and that might help when talking to new people. been trying to grown mine for ages for an "All back" with a 1 on all sides. but hairdressers keep ruining it :L

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending