The Student Room Group

My friend is getting treated like a slave

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Joshale
the girl trying to make him get out more, nothing wrong with that
what is wrong is her making him a 3rd wheel... and then telling his dad he left her, when it was because her boyfriend ws there and he was like a 3rd wheel

It's not that, though. I wouldn't mind if she was just trying to get him out. It's the way she goes about it. She always blackmails him. I probably didn't use the best examples, but it's really mean the things she says to actually get him out when he doesn't want to be there to begin with.

Original post by Green Velvet
Point out when and the typical situations he should say no in? Ultimately if he's "happy" with how she's treating him, there's not much you can say. Maybe try speaking to the girl, but bear in mind she won't like this.

Thanks :smile: I was actually thinking of speaking to her at the party, and I would have if I didn't have to look after him all night. If he won't listen to me then I'll probably have to.

Original post by Moosferatu
I wouldn't be too confrontational with the person either. They might be completely batty and willing to destroy you (although that's a worse case scenario). Play it cool. Your friend has you at least.

Good point, actually. She seemed like a bitch, like the kind of girl that would be two-faced. She was an overly loud, attention seeker. Another reason I don't like her.

Original post by slade p
haha you call this treating him like a slave, damn you must be really soft just like your gay friend. she is actually trying to be a good friend by taking him out, and even though he doesn't like it, it is for his own good if he gets out since he has social anxiety. if anything i'm surprised she is friends with him.

As I said above, I don't mind her trying to get him out. It's just the way she goes about it. Bringing up every little thing from the past that she's done for him, even if he didn't ask her to do it and never letting it rest. And it's not like they go out often either. To me, it seems like he's her last resort because she never invites him out when she's with other groups of people or friends.

She's the kind of 'popular' overly loud stereotype too, so I don't see how they're friends either, but I guess it's that childhood bond or something.
maybe she has no friends to go out with, and her choice is him?
Original post by Joshale
maybe she has no friends to go out with, and her choice is him?

She always has friends to go out with, that's the thing. She constantly posts pictures with her mates on Facebook. But he's never invited to any of those things.

He was invited to her party to help set-up the house, then invited over everytime she has an argument with her boyfriend, but never when she's with him. I might be reading too much into it, but I think he's a last resort :frown:

I honestly wish she was a good friend, but I know that she isn't.
Original post by Anonymous

Thanks :smile: I was actually thinking of speaking to her at the party, and I would have if I didn't have to look after him all night. If he won't listen to me then I'll probably have to.

Good luck with it!
Original post by Anonymous
Is there really nothing I can do to speed the process along though? I know he's not going to anytime soon :frown:

there isn't much you can do unfortunately, you can't end the friendship for him, all you can do is be there to support him and wait until he reaches a point where he can end it himself

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending