The Student Room Group

Enough of this girls dig jers nonsense [And by extension the nice guy end last]

These threads plague this forum everyday where guys and girls have a circle jerk over this issue [usually ending with the ostracisation and lambasting of 'nice guys'].

The truth is clear and simple: good looking guys can act however they want and still get girls. The reason why being a jerk comes into it is because most good looking guys have a monopoly over girls and can act however they like because they have so many options. Thus they usually act distant and aloof with girls because they could care less if they lose her due to the myriad of remaining options.

Girls however like to date up, so the average girl [let's say a 5/10 for simplicity sakes] will cling on to the 8/10 male model but the male model will know his value and treat her like crap because, well, he knows he can.

But I've seen good looking guys come out with the most lamest jokes and have personalities of a brick and still get girls. Girls don't care about your personality, certainly not a university age, all they care about is looks. A good looking guy acting nice will be rationalised as 'romantic' and 'sweet', a good looking guy acting like a jerk will be rationalised as 'thrilling' and 'spontaneous', a good looking guy acting like a social retard will be rationalised as 'mysterious' and so on and so forth.

But then, you may ask, don't these good looking guys only also go for good looking girls as opposed to average looking girls? Well the answer is no. 80% of girls only find 20% of men attractive:

http://blog.okcupid.com/index.php/your-looks-and-online-dating/

Here even the girls are admitting they only find a handful of men attractive [and most of these will be AVERAGE themselves]
http://www.girlsaskguys.com/flirting/q748214-study-that-said-women-only-find-20-of-guys

So basically even the average and below average girls [4-6's] are going for the male models and think they deserve good looking men and these male models are basically having a field day and have monopolised the dating scene.

Of course then the average male, unaware of this truth [probably better it is kept hidden since if it did come out the mental and societal effects would be disastrous] compares the douche bag like acting of the good looking guy to his own inadequacy in being a 'nice guy' [Which basically means a normal and average human being courteous and having manners towards another human] so he then think the way he is acting is the reason for his shortcomings with girls, unaware of the truth.

At this point I am totally sure that if Hitler looked like a male model he'd be revered by women in today's society, they'd overlook his atrocious and disgusting crimes as just a product of the opinions of his time and he'd seen as a misunderstood sex symbol. Just like they did with Meeks a few months back.

Acting like a jerk or a nice guy has nothing to do with getting girls. It's all about the face as our friendly neighbourhood male model Francisco Lachowski explains here:

Who is to blame? Blame the male models, who go about their business without any regard and the average women who think they deserve a male model. If you're average [let alone ugly or below average at which point castrating yourself is the best option or to get a a lot of plastic surgery which I will doing] your best bet is to go abroad and use your Westerner status or to wait and hold out for a woman as you gain money and status.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1
Why do you say most girls date up?
I find more than anything almost always girls date guys who I'd perceive / are perceived to be less attractive.
Reply 2
idk why people complain about the fact that people refer to the friendzone anyways. nothing wrong with being dissapointed that you lost out on someone.

also, i highly, highly doubt people would overlook hitler's crimes even if he were good looking.
at best you'd just get a 'he was hot but pretty evil'
(edited 9 years ago)
Not all girls are shallow bimbos who value looks over anything else, but thanks for the essay on it.
Original post by xOHarriet
Not all girls are shallow bimbos who value looks over anything else, but thanks for the essay on it.

Haha. And these are the typical hypocritical girls who say stuff like this to make themselves feel better that they're not shallow.

I dare you to post pictures of the last 10 guys you slept with [Including BF's] along with a picture of yourself. I can guarantee you that they will all be better looking than you [in terms of male/female attractive equivalent, so if you're a 5, say, then I can guarantee all the guys will be 6+ males].
When i see couples more often than not i'd say the girls were more attractive than the guys, although it doesn't mean i don't also see it happening the other way round - just less often :dontknow:
Original post by what is this
Haha. And these are the typical hypocritical girls who say stuff like this to make themselves feel better that they're not shallow.

I dare you to post pictures of the last 10 guys you slept with [Including BF's] along with a picture of yourself. I can guarantee you that they will all be better looking than you [in terms of male/female attractive equivalent, so if you're a 5, say, then I can guarantee all the guys will be 6+ males].

Okay for starters, I've only slept with 3 guys - not that that's anything to do with you.

You're literally picking this fight with the worst person possible, purely because I'm probably the least shallow person you'll meet. I value personality far more than looks. Here's an example - try your hardest to comprehend it with your tiny, ignorant brain: I have tinder. Just like most people our age do. I get matched with every guy I like, literally every one, so I therefore must be somewhat attractive. Now. Get this. I do not reply to boring messages. A 10/10 guy can message me saying "Hi" and chances are I won't reply because I'm not interested in someone with no personality. A 6/10 can message me with a cheesy chat up line, or an amusing comment or something funny and I will reply because I'm more interested in having a decent conversation than being bored out my mind talking to someone who's just nice to look at.
Reply 7
Someone get rejected or something? It's alright bro, plenty of other girls.

Nice guys don't end last, *******s that pretend to be nice do.

Re-assess yourself.
Reply 8
Original post by xOHarriet
Okay for starters, I've only slept with 3 guys - not that that's anything to do with you.

You're literally picking this fight with the worst person possible, purely because I'm probably the least shallow person you'll meet. I value personality far more than looks. Here's an example - try your hardest to comprehend it with your tiny, ignorant brain: I have tinder. Just like most people our age do. I get matched with every guy I like, literally every one, so I therefore must be somewhat attractive. Now. Get this. I do not reply to boring messages. A 10/10 guy can message me saying "Hi" and chances are I won't reply because I'm not interested in someone with no personality. A 6/10 can message me with a cheesy chat up line, or an amusing comment or something funny and I will reply because I'm more interested in having a decent conversation than being bored out my mind talking to someone who's just nice to look at.

Clearly the most modest as well :rofl:
I made a thread earlier pointing the finger at the losers on here with their victim attitudes and their repetitive negative threads seeking sympathy.

It got plenty of upvotes, then eventually got reported by said losers and taken down.

No surprises there obviously.
Tell me something new that I don't already know?

Btw, not every girl is like that, so stop with the generalization brah
Original post by LostGear
Tell me something new that I don't already know?

Btw, not every girl is like that, so stop with the generalization brah

Maybe not every, but the vast majority are. More like 95% of girls only care about looks. So your chance of finding a girl who doesn't are very low.
It's annoying but let's face it the threads you refer to are anything but common, I rarely see them nowadays and it's got to the point where no-one complains about nice guys coming last because it's obviously not true and if one says it they get shot down.
I think people tend to go for people as attractive as they are themselves (although I'd say my boyfriend is far out of my league...:redface:)

in my opinion girls just go for guys with confidence, or at least i think i do.
Original post by BenAssirati
Clearly the most modest as well :rofl:

Not entirely sure how saying that I'm not shallow makes me big headed... :s
Original post by chelseajanett
I think people tend to go for people as attractive as they are themselves (although I'd say my boyfriend is far out of my league...:redface:)

A contradiction in the same sentence and you've just proved what I was saying all along...
OP I think you may be rating average guys too highly i.e. referring to every guy in a relationship as a 'male model'. Sure you're not repressing homo feels?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending