The Student Room Group

When does maintenance loan get paid back???

This is what I am most confused by, does it work the same as student loan

I know you pay student loan as soon as you start earning over21k, in increments.

How about maintenance loan? Am i suppose to pay that back immediately ?
Is there interest on it?
Hello,

If you course started on or after 1st September 2012, any loans you receive will be repayable from April 2016 (please note this will be extended if you have yet to commence your studies). You will also need to have a gross of income over £21,000 before you will begin repaying your student loan. Please note voluntary payments can also be made at any time.

All loans will have interest applied from the date of payment, and this will continue until the loan balance has been repaid in full.

If you require any further guidance regarding student loan repayments, please visit www.studentloanrepayment.co.uk

Thanks
Reply 2
Original post by Mark Lee - SFE Official Adviser
Hello,

If you course started on or after 1st September 2012, any loans you receive will be repayable from April 2016 (please note this will be extended if you have yet to commence your studies). You will also need to have a gross of income over £21,000 before you will begin repaying your student loan. Please note voluntary payments can also be made at any time.

All loans will have interest applied from the date of payment, and this will continue until the loan balance has been repaid in full.

If you require any further guidance regarding student loan repayments, please visit www.studentloanrepayment.co.uk

Thanks

Thank you

I also made another thread with another question.

I wanted to know what happens if my student finance entitlement comes later such as october time? (I change university and course and they told me it will be done by end of the month) But I would like to know will i still be funded for all the terms in my first year or will sfe not fund me for the months they missed out such as september ?

Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending