The Student Room Group

Help with applying to Independent Charities & Foundations for Grants/Bursaries

Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone can provide some help with the subject in the title above, I have been to my local library over the weekend and have looked through the 2014/15 directory of educational charities, foundations and trusts who provide private grands and bursaries to students that are going into higher education.

I have found a number of charities/foundations of which I fit into their criteria for a bursary however they request you apply in writing, I know I will need support with paying for reading lists, laptop and general household costs (food etc.) which are all things that they will pay for however I do not know how to go about applying.

Has anyone here had experience applying to these kind of organisations and if so does anyone have an example of what they wrote to the organisation ? I just want to make sure I can provide as much as information as they require without sounding pushy or demanding.

Thanks in advance!
I was thinking of doing the same thing, so will be very interested to hear of any experiences anyone posts.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending