The Student Room Group
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield

Choosing between Accommodation

Hey guys! Im studying chem eng 1st year at Sheffield this year! Fricken buzzin! Ive got my accom sorted at 42-44 Red Lane in Endcliffe Village, but theres also Opal 2 available in the City.

I was told to stay on Endcliffe cos the house partys are amazing but its just so far from my lectures and Im not even staying in the flats - so not really sure which one to go for.

Cheers
Stay in Endcliffe and see how it goes, worst that'll happen is you get a bit more exercise each day you have lectures :tongue:
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield
Original post by zaynkhan
Hey guys! Im studying chem eng 1st year at Sheffield this year! Fricken buzzin! Ive got my accom sorted at 42-44 Red Lane in Endcliffe Village, but theres also Opal 2 available in the City.

I was told to stay on Endcliffe cos the house partys are amazing but its just so far from my lectures and Im not even staying in the flats - so not really sure which one to go for.

Cheers

Hey,

Endcliffe is really not that far from lectures - I would say it's a 20-25 minute walk to the chemistry building at a normal walking pace. The walk is an easy downhill one, and if you're living at the bottom of the hill near the Edge, there's also a shortcut through Stevenson which is virtually flat and takes about 20 minutes.

Distance isn't really an issue in Sheffield as all our residencies are within easy walking distance from campus - I would suggest weighing up your other accommodation needs (who you want to share with, social aspect etc.) before deciding whether or not to switch.

Best wishes,

Georgie, Student Communications Team at the University of Sheffield.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending