The Student Room Group

Started getting periods on Cerazette pill, is it normal?

I've been on Cerazette (mini - pill) for 2 years and since I started my periods stoppped which was great and what my doctor told me would probably happen. However 3 months ago my periods have seem to have come back the same time each month as if I'm not on the pill anymore. The only thing that I can think of that's caused this is that i've change the time i'm taking my pill from about 9am to 6pm could this be why? I thoguht after my first period I might just need to settle back but maybe not!
Just wondered if anyone can help me is this normal? I've read that irregualr bleeding can occur but this seems to be pretty regualr, it's really annoying!
I'm thinking of changing to the implant will this be a better option? or as it's the same kind of hormone will my periods still carry on?
Any suggestions or advice would be fab! Thanks!
I assume it's normal but then again I haven't been taking cerazette for too long. I've been on it for three months now and each month I get a extra long period :frown: however, seeing as you've been on it for a while I would suggest seeing your gp or sexual health nurse if it doesn't settle down within the next few weeks..
Reply 2
I think this is happening to me .. I have been on it for over 2 years not and never really bled much but I have tonight and I am very worried ..
Reply 3
Hi. I have been on cerazette for around 3 years and compared to all the other pills I have tried, this one has been a miracle worker. For the first 6 months I bled every month like clockwork and since then I have only been bleeding every 2 or 3 months. My doc said bleeding every month or not bleeding at all are both normal as the pill affects us all differently. The fact you changed the time of your pill taking could be causing the bleeding. I have mucked around with times before and noticed I bled earlier than expected. I wouldn't think its anything to worry about but if you are concerned talk to your GP :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest