The Student Room Group

Another person asking about Predicted Grades :)

Hey guys so in my AS i got AAB(B) Dropped a B of course so I am now AAB though my predicted grades will be AAA (The B just missed a Aand I will be repeating the whole exam next year to bring it up). Do you feel it is still safe for me to apply for Uni's with AAA as the required offer or will they feel my Predicted grades are inflated?
But the simple Question, Is there a risk I might not get an offer from AAA Universities if the grades I got were as bad as AAB? Even with predicted grades of AAA
xD Thanks for your time :tongue:
(edited 9 years ago)
I think its worth applying to a mixture of good and bad universities. ABB is only technically a one grade deficit and you are only doing 3 subjects this year so ABB is possible and I think universities will also look at it as a plausible prediction
Original post by Penguinfarts
Hey guys so in my AS i got AAD(D) Dropped a D of course so I am now AAD though my predicted grades will be AAB (The D just missed a C and I will be repeating the whole exam next year to bring it up). Do you feel it is still safe for me to apply for Uni's with ABB as the required offer or will they feel my Predicted grades are inflated? I plan on applying for an ABB course and BBB Course at Queens in Belfast, ABB at Kent and 320 Ucas points at Portsmouth (Maybe picking my 5th Choice as ABB at Leicester if I risk it)
But the simple Question, Is there a risk I might not get an offer from ABB Universities if the grades I got were as bad as AAD? Even with predicted grades of AAB
xD Thanks for your time :tongue:

Please do bear in minds that even with retakes, some universities will consider a predicted grade of a B from a subject you got D in at AS. It's also worth bearing in mind that if your final grades were AAD at A2, then you wouldn't be exempt from student number controls like you would be if you got ABB or equivalent.

I do think it would be a good idea for your to have at least 2 really safe choices on your UCAS, asking for BBB or less and using one of these as an insurance. It would be even better if you could find someone asking for 300 points, rather than the grades. However, after that, there's no reason not to apply to 1-2 more aspirational choices, asking for higher grades.

You could also email universities in advance of your application, as your grade profile is quite unusual.

Don't forget that if you do achieve AAB, and have a lower firm offer, you could apply to other universities using adjustment.
Original post by SlowlorisIncognito
you wouldn't be exempt from student number controls like you would be if you got ABB or equivalent.

Unless we find out otherwise following the May election the student number caps will be listed from 2015 entry onwards. No restrictions based on the silly ABB/AAB equivalences.
Original post by PQ
Unless we find out otherwise following the May election the student number caps will be listed from 2015 entry onwards. No restrictions based on the silly ABB/AAB equivalences.

Sorry, I wasn't aware of this. That will make things more simple for applicants, though.
Original post by SlowlorisIncognito
Sorry, I wasn't aware of this. That will make things more simple for applicants, though.

Simpler for everyone hopefully - it'll be the first time since 1997 that universities will be able to recruit as many students as they are capable of teaching rather than having limitations on UK/EU intake because of funding.
xD Thanks for all the replies, I am guessing the Portsmouth Course will be 300 Ucas points since it is 280-320 and One of the Queens courses is slightly more flexible so Hopefully they will be nice :smile: Then I have the others and hopefully they will be kind to me xD

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending