The Student Room Group

Applying to uni in 2024

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Carnationlilyrose
I think it will go to a system of applying after results are out, instead of speculatively. Bring forward exams by a month, giving results out in July. August to November-ish applying, then a new year start at uni in January.

I'd like to see that too. At the moment schools make people plan their application as soon as they start sixth form, when deciding your university would be a much better thing to do after results. It would also get rid of a lot of the predicted grades and offers bureaucracy, making everything easier.
Original post by jameswhughes
I'd like to see that too. At the moment schools make people plan their application as soon as they start sixth form, when deciding your university would be a much better thing to do after results. It would also get rid of a lot of the predicted grades and offers bureaucracy, making everything easier.

Definitely would. It'd avoid a lot of wasted time and applications and a lot of stress as well.
Original post by She-Ra
It's 11 years since I started uni.... gosh! Time has really flown and so much has changed in regards to access to information and what influences a student's decision making process.

:cyber: :cyber: :cyber:

1. In 2024 how do you think students will choose which university to apply to and what will be their preferred method of doing so?

2. In 2024 do you think students will prefer to study online i.e. remotely away from campus or at the university within the campus study?

3. 10 years on what type of technology do you think will dramatically change the 2024 university experience.

4. What do you think the students in 2024 will expect from going to university?

11 years!?!?!?! WOW that's a looooooooooongg time ago!!!! :biggrin::shakecane:

But I think that the education system will turn to completely digital world. Rather than text books we may have virtual reality systems. This could be a whole new way to learn and feel the course; especially with history!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending