The Student Room Group

My regular facial expression is a frown

When I'm neither happy nor sad, in other words when I have my 'regular facial expression', it tends to look like I'm frowning.
:frown:

What does your regular expression look like?
Is there any way to smile more often without making it obvious that you're forcing it?

:smile:

Scroll to see replies

I either look angry or depressed :frown:
Reply 2
Original post by Autistic Merit
When I'm neither happy nor sad, in other words when I have my 'regular facial expression', it tends to look like I'm frowning.

Is there any way to smile more often without making it obvious that you're forcing it?

Don't force a smile - takes more muscles to frown so you're working out. To be honest my normal face is the same as the face I pull when I want to hit someone

Posted from TSR Mobile
I smile a lot. either in a crowd or alone does not matter
I have this problem and someone advised me to "smile with my eyes". What the **** does that even mean?
Original post by Autistic Merit

Me too! I just look blank and a bit irritated. Is this to do with the fact that I have Asperger's? Do you have this problem as well?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Me too, unless I actively think about smiling I generally have a bitchface. Strangers have actually said things like 'smile, it might never happen!'. It also doesn't help that my natural walking pace is more of a march, so when people I know see me walking along on my own I literally look like I'm on a vigilante mission to kill.
I apparently look like I have a story to tell or I've got something interesting to say. I get told "you look like you were about to say something interesting during conversations" a lot but either I have nothing to say or I hold back from saying something I really want to say. :colone:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 8
Original post by LavenderBlueSky88
Strangers have actually said things like 'smile, it might never happen!'.

Urrgh I find that annoying, for all they know that person could've recently received bad news.

I have the same problem OP. People have advised me to force myself to smile in the past but I just look strange if I do so.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
neautral i imagine. here

Original post by Edminzodo
Me too! I just look blank and a bit irritated. Is this to do with the fact that I have Asperger's? Do you have this problem as well?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes, I've never made that connection before though!
I've been told that I have a friendly looking face the one that is easily approachable. I seem to grin a lot.
my default face is somewhere between blank and a frown like I can feel my eyebrows pointing downwards a little bit, but I smile pretty frequently though

Original post by white boy
:h:

why
Original post by + polarity -
my default face is somewhere between blank and a frown like I can feel my eyebrows pointing downwards a little bit, but I smile pretty frequently though

why

hello polarity
Original post by white boy
hello polarity

hello
Original post by Anonynous
neautral i imagine. here

why did you anonymise your account then still post pictures, you know any goon can find your original username by :colonhash:
(edited 9 years ago)
People always think I'm angry/sad when I'm blank faced. :|
Maybe you're suffering from resting ass**** face?

[video="youtube;BRfY07i8PbQ"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRfY07i8PbQ[/video]
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by + polarity -
why did you anonymise your account then still post pictures, you know any goon can find your original username by :colonhash:

a picture desnt show my name, so idc if ppl know what i look lyk. besdes this is jus 1 thread, my pic isnt anywher eeesle

Quick Reply

Latest