The Student Room Group

I get so bored alone

I have nobody to talk to all the time like my friends do, obviously I have my close group of guy friends (I am a guy) but like majority of my group have girlfriends or are talking to girls/have close girl friends. Whereas I am a lonely awkward weirdo that sits at home watching movies instead of doing uni assignments...

I feel lonely and left out like I realised how I have no female friends since leaving college now and being at uni, I haven't really gotten 'close' to anyone either :frown:
Original post by Anonymous
I have nobody to talk to all the time like my friends do, obviously I have my close group of guy friends (I am a guy) but like majority of my group have girlfriends or are talking to girls/have close girl friends. Whereas I am a lonely awkward weirdo that sits at home watching movies instead of doing uni assignments...

I feel lonely and left out like I realised how I have no female friends since leaving college now and being at uni, I haven't really gotten 'close' to anyone either :frown:

Doing those assignments will keep ya busy! :h:
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous

hey man you are not alone in being lonely :P although i really am not the person to be giving advice in this area, here goes nothing

you say you like watching movies - why not go to the cinema with some people, girls from your course, from your accommodation, and go with a group of your current group of friends, maybe - do something you like as a way of getting to know some new people

(and do your assignments)
So go out with your mates every night. Problem solved.
Reply 4
i know how you feel. i am slightly younger than you btw, but i see all my friends hanging out and uploading pictures without me and it really makes me feel low, i can never go out with them because of my social anxiety and it really sucks. i just hope as i progress through life people would just try a little harder with me

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending