The Student Room Group

Applying for both a foundation and the course itself??

Hi guys!
I'm in year 13 now and I am planning to apply to do electrical engineering at Nottingham university. At as level I got a d in physics and a d in chemistry, this is bad I know, however I got a C in a2 mathematics and have an A in a2 Russian. After hard work for the first few months of this year I managed to get my predicted gates to an a in chemistry, b in physics, and b in further maths. Considering these grades and my actual as grades I have been thinking about applying to do the foundation year for physical sciences at Nottingham which then ensures a undergraduate place upon the completion of the year. However I do still want to apply straight into the electrical and electronic engineering course. I just want to find out if it is acceptable to apply onto both the foundation course and the course itself? Thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by dynomit999
Hi guys!
I'm in year 13 now and I am planning to apply to do electrical engineering at Nottingham university. At as level I got a d in physics and a d in chemistry, this is bad I know, however I got a C in a2 mathematics and have an A in a2 Russian. After hard work for the first few months of this year I managed to get my predicted gates to an a in chemistry, b in physics, and b in further maths. Considering these grades and my actual as grades I have been thinking about applying to do the foundation year for physical sciences at Nottingham which then ensures a undergraduate place upon the completion of the year. However I do still want to apply straight into the electrical and electronic engineering course. I just want to find out if it is acceptable to apply onto both the foundation course and the course itself? Thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile

It is allowed but it is generally a waste of a choice.

Generally it is best to apply to the course with the highest entry requirements and, once UCAS process your application, write to the university and ask them to consider you for the alternative/foundation year if they're unable to make you an offer for the course you've applied for. In most cases universities will do this as a matter of course but by contacting them you make sure that it happens.
Reply 2
Original post by PQ
It is allowed but it is generally a waste of a choice.

Generally it is best to apply to the course with the highest entry requirements and, once UCAS process your application, write to the university and ask them to consider you for the alternative/foundation year if they're unable to make you an offer for the course you've applied for. In most cases universities will do this as a matter of course but by contacting them you make sure that it happens.

Oh ok that does make sense, so if j don't get the offers I should ring them up after to see what options there are for a foundation course?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending