The Student Room Group

University choices - Psychology

Hello :smile: I am currently studying psychology, sociology and biology and my predicted grades are AAA/AAB ( but I may get an A* in sociology) . I am interested in studying Psychology at university and was just wondering what universities are good. I have 3 so far I am going to apply to. Where are other people applying? Can anyone recommend any good unis that are not too secluded (I.e. in the middle of no where, I like to be close to or in the city) and possibly in the bottom half of England as I live i n Brighton and don't want to be too far from home.
Thanks! X
Reply 1
Would London be too far for you? Because if not City and Royal Holloway are good choices to look at. Southampton, Cardiff and Bristol are also very good choices. I personally like the area of Bristol. I'm also applying for psychology but my grades aren't great so any of these Uni's are out of the question :P. Hope that helps!
Reply 2
Original post by Dylank
Would London be too far for you? Because if not City and Royal Holloway are good choices to look at. Southampton, Cardiff and Bristol are also very good choices. I personally like the area of Bristol. I'm also applying for psychology but my grades aren't great so any of these Uni's are out of the question :P. Hope that helps!

no London isn't too far. I've been looking at places much further. I've heard great things about Bristol- I'm going to apply there. I looked at royal holloway but I didn't really like it
Reply 3
Good! They are nice places. I forgot to mention Bath is really good for Psychology, have you looked there?
Original post by ddob
Hello :smile: I am currently studying psychology, sociology and biology and my predicted grades are AAA/AAB ( but I may get an A* in sociology) . I am interested in studying Psychology at university and was just wondering what universities are good. I have 3 so far I am going to apply to. Where are other people applying? Can anyone recommend any good unis that are not too secluded (I.e. in the middle of no where, I like to be close to or in the city) and possibly in the bottom half of England as I live i n Brighton and don't want to be too far from home.
Thanks! X

Bath, Bristol, Durham, Leeds, Birmingham, Exeter, Cardiff, Kent, Warwick
Original post by ddob
Thanks! X

The uni that I'm hoping to get into is Kent, in Canterbury! The predicted grades are AAB so you shouldn't have trouble getting in. It's really near the city of Canterbury which is so nice - I received my offer the other day to study Psychology there! I live near Brighton too :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest