The Student Room Group

Question about eligibility

Hey there

So basically I've screwed up my uni decisions twice now and I'm making another complete u-turn.

In total I will have had 3 years of student finance from SFE, 1 year was while doing a HND at college and 2 years of it will be from the Gameplay Production and Design course I'm on at the moment.

I'm wanting to do another course completely now (for some reason I just can't find what I want to do) and I was wondering if anyone knows if I'd be able to receive the 3 years for the new course (fingers crossed I will)

Thanks for the help in advance
Has nobody got any info?
I'm pretty sure that you won't be eligible, unfortunately. The useful Student Finance Guy Mark should be able to help (he's apparently online and answering questions on Wednesdays, so you may need to wait a bit...).
Original post by Mark Lee - SFE Official Adviser
x

Hope he can help you out :smile:
Original post by dragonkeeper999
Hope he can help you out :smile:

Hopefully he'll see this then
Hello michaelclark09,

The 3 years of funding that you have had previously will affect your entitlement to future student finance.

I will give you an example of how we would work this out if your new course is 3 years.

3(duration of new course) + 1(gift year) = 4 this would be the maximum entitlement for yourself.

4(funding available to you) -3(years of previous study) = 1 year of full funding remaining.

This would mean that in years 1 & 2 we would only be able to provide you with a maintenance loan & supplementary grants(Childcare grant, Parents learning allowance etc), you would not be eligible for tuition fee loan or maintenance grant.

In your final year you would be entitled to the full support package.

Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending