The Student Room Group

UCAS independent application- References

Hey people,

Ok so I'm applying for a 2nd undergrad degree beginning 2015 in psychology and im doing it independently.

I am a bit lost when it comes to references. What are unis looking for? What kind of referees would boost my application? I finished uni june 2014 and im spending this next year working until hopefully i can get back into uni.

I would appreciate anyones input!!
Thank you so much
Need help!!!!
[h="4"]Get a reference from a teacher, adviser or professional who knows you[/h]

Either ask a tutor, trainer or employer if they'd be happy to do it if yes, add their email and phone number to the reference page, then click 'Ask referee to complete reference'. First we'll email them with a link and password to the reference page of your application, then we'll ask them to confirm their identity before writing it. (If for any reason they decline we'll let you know.)

Do you not have an assessor or someone else who is professional?
Reply 2
Original post by JessicaLucy09
Get a reference from a teacher, adviser or professional who knows you

Either ask a tutor, trainer or employer if they'd be happy to do it if yes, add their email and phone number to the reference page, then click 'Ask referee to complete reference'. First we'll email them with a link and password to the reference page of your application, then we'll ask them to confirm their identity before writing it. (If for any reason they decline we'll let you know.)

Do you not have an assessor or someone else who is professional?

I have a few ideas as to who could be my referee. Could you possibly advice me on who might look best?
My manager at work- By the time i have to send my application shell have known me for about 4months
Mentor- A lawyer i used to shadow and did work experience with for over 4 years
Academic Adviser- From my last undergrad degree in law which i finished last june- albeit not with good results so i wonder how advisable it is for this person to act as my referee.
School- I have not had contact with my school in 5 years but i am sure they would be willing to provide a reference if i asked them with time.

many thanks all answers are welcome
You're Mentor sounds the best bet :smile:
Reply 4
i thought so too tbh :biggrin: thank you v much

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending