The Student Room Group

Headaches during orgasm?

Hey.

I recently started masturbating and using vibrators, but it seems like every time I'm about to orgasm or I orgasm, I get this horrible headache. At first I thought nothing of it but now it's starting to irritate me, and affect my ability to orgasm because I'm worried of the painful headache that will follow. I'm also a virgin, so I'm scared to get into relationship and become intimate with that person, knowing what it will lead to. :erm:

I know that I can just take paracetamol but I don't want to resort to that every time I want to masturbate and possibly become dependant on them.

Are headaches after orgasm normal? How can I stop them from happening?
Original post by Anonymous
Hey.

I recently started masturbating and using vibrators, but it seems like every time I'm about to orgasm or I orgasm, I get this horrible headache. At first I thought nothing of it but now it's starting to irritate me, and affect my ability to orgasm because I'm worried of the painful headache that will follow. I'm also a virgin, so I'm scared to get into relationship and become intimate with that person, knowing what it will lead to. :erm:

I know that I can just take paracetamol but I don't want to resort to that every time I want to masturbate and possibly become dependant on them.

Are headaches after orgasm normal? How can I stop them from happening?

Sounds like coital cephalalgia... http://www.patient.co.uk/doctor/primary-sexual-headache

See a GP?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
That's what I initially though, but then I kept seeing that it might be a brain aneurysm on other sites and got scared haha.

My GP is **** :mad::unimpressed:
Reply 3
Could it be your going at it way too hard and need to hold back and take things slow and go with the flow init
Reply 4
Original post by xxm
Could it be your going at it way too hard and need to hold back and take things slow and go with the flow init

It could be but I tend not to go super fast (oh my gosh :facepalm::tongue:) and I get so worried that nowadays, I can't go 'all the way'
That's what I initially though, but then I kept seeing that it might be a brain aneurysm on other sites and got scared haha.

My GP is **** :mad::unimpressed:

Generally, I wouldn't always go with the most extreme suggestion!
Reply 6
My friend experienced this a while back and later found out that the batteries inside the vibrator were leaking and it could be going inside your...stuff. You should go to a hospital immediately and get it checked out
I sometimes get mild headaches after I've come, but I'm a bloke so I don't know how similar our situations would be.
Reply 8
Original post by danconway
Generally, I wouldn't always go with the most extreme suggestion!

I'm always being told that haha, but I suffer from anxiety so I'm always googling symptoms and think that I have the worst one :s-smilie:
Reply 9
Original post by parsyyy
My friend experienced this a while back and later found out that the batteries inside the vibrator were leaking and it could be going inside your...stuff. You should go to a hospital immediately and get it checked out

:eek: Did your friend see the leak or did she suspect it? Omg I'm starting to get worried now haha.
Original post by Dr Pesto
I sometimes get mild headaches after I've come, but I'm a bloke so I don't know how similar our situations would be.

Ahh. I've read that it can happen to both males and females. How long would yours last for?
Reply 11
:eek: Did your friend see the leak or did she suspect it? Omg I'm starting to get worried now haha.

no she got a really bad headache once and went to a&e!!! thats when they discovered it
Original post by parsyyy
no she got a really bad headache once and went to a&e!!! thats when they discovered it

Oh, that was unfortunate what happened to your friend :frown:. I checked my vibrator and the batteries haven't leaked
Ahh. I've read that it can happen to both males and females. How long would yours last for?

Not that long, it goes along with feeling kind of drained and tired generally.

Quick Reply

Latest