The Student Room Group

A2 history coursework

Scroll to see replies

I'm doing OCR and have quite a broad Crsework title. "How far would you agree that a successful regime always needs a strong leader?"
Gonna spend half the bloody thing defining that question. Its going to be difficult not to stray to much into political theory, must remember its a history piece. Still not started lol.
Reply 61
Change it if you want, the coursework is what you want it to be. Even if your teacher has set it, its down to you to choose the question.
Reply 62
Aww I wish I was doing a personal study, we get to do one of the exam alternatives AQA offer instead.

Ah, well doing History at Uni will have chance to do something similar :smile:
Reply 63
I've finished my first half of my argument...it's 1700 words, whoops. I'm so enjoying it though.
I REALLY need to get started.
Reply 65
We had to start our research before the summer holiday! Then we had a deadline of half of it to be finished by the day we got back.
Reply 66
I did my coursework last year in about 10 days at the start of March, and still got 87/90. :smile: But yeah, coursework is by far the best bit of History.
Reply 67
I'm fed up of doing Russia...infact, not just the that, after getting uni offers, school is seeming so restrictive!
Reply 68
NickiM
I'm fed up of doing Russia...infact, not just the that, after getting uni offers, school is seeming so restrictive!
I know how you feel. I just want to start Cambridge now, as I'll be studying History full-time, can choose what I want to study, and won't have to take a long bus journey everyday. Nevertheless, the grass is always greener...
Reply 69
Yes, ditto but with Durham! I'm so fed up with my school too...
Jerby
I know how you feel. I just want to start Cambridge now, as I'll be studying History full-time, can choose what I want to study, and won't have to take a long bus journey everyday. Nevertheless, the grass is always greener...

To an extent- I wanted to do EVERYTHING! Also there's still a fair bit of teaching to the exam.

I won't mention essay crises, the temptation to miss lectures, endless procrastination, more interesting things to do than reading that 15th article, too many clubs, societies, and interesting things, late nights, Seeley library fines, the scary UL, everyone else calling you a dosser, etc etc etc... :p:
Reply 71
hey, first time posty long time lurker, im edexcel and im doing "tv as a mass medium of communication was much more important in improving leisure opportunities for people in britain than any other 20th century development." oh and if anyone has any information on this it would be great if you could help.
Reply 72
Welcome to TSR :smile: Afraid I can't help, but it sounds interesting.

I'm waiting for feedback on my first 1/2 draft, and waiting til after my Socilogy module before I continue my research.
Reply 73
I did the spanish civil war! :smile:
Reply 74
I've been lurking for a while, and it's really interesting to see what other people choose for this. I'm on OCR, our school does the individual option so my question is "Compare contrasting interpretations of Eleanor of Aquitaine's power as Queen Regent, Queen Consort and Feudal Ruler". Started off as something far broader but the examiner who responded to my proposal form thought I should narrow it down alot (it was going to be along the lines of a comparative study of how 'typical' a queen she was).

I'm amazed some people haven't even done a draft yet though, we started ours last July :s-smilie: Wish I hadn't though, I'm a bit sick of Eleanor by now heh heh
"To what extent can changes in the relationship between monarchy & parliament from 1529 to 1640 be seen as arising from divisions over the future of the Church?"

I've not started it yet though because we're still going through James I's parliament & the coursework doesn't have to be in for a while anyway. & no I didn't get a choice of questions.
Reply 76
Yes, I got told my original question was too broad. I'm really enjoying the whole process though - I'd much rather do this, than my boring, by comparison Sociology coursework
Reply 77
It's probably the most interesting (and challenging) thing I've ever done academically, although I'm glad my question was narrowed, even if it means that the essay is very dry now.
Reply 78
Yes, definitely. I like having my own freedom with it, even though I remember getting so stressed about it to start off with.
Reply 79
Yeah, it's quite scary being basically told "here's 2500 words, write about what you want, we can't help you because we probably won't know much about what you pick" heh

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending