The Student Room Group

so depressed...feel useless

Recently I have been going through failure after failure. I have been fighting with depression for months. i feel I am unable to do anything. I used to be good academically (in the past), but I am not so sure about myself anymore. Since a few days I was looking for jobs. I applied for a team leader-in training role at Sainsbury's- I failed the initial online test. I thought I should go for sales assistant role, again at Sainsbury's- failed it as well. These online aptitude tests are supposed to be simple, if I cannot even do this then what's the point of studying a fancy science subject at a good Uni? I feel like dropping out of Uni altogether. If you ask me a difficult maths question on paper I will be able to answer it (now I am not even sure about this as well anymore), but I fail at simple real life things. Feel so crap. I have noticed this thing in the past while I was doing A-level- I usually was the one who managed to get difficult exam questions right, but failed to get the simple things done. The questions that I answered for the Sainsbury online test involved picking a best and worst answer for a scenario. Do I lack common sense for not even managing that, which everyone else does without a problem, I have lost all the energy that I had. I do not feel like studying, what's the point of my degree? I feel like I am not going to succeed at anything. I have a very very low self-esteem now. Sorry if it seem like I am making a big deal out of a stupid online test, I just cannot explain myself that I am capable of doing anything anymore. I feel like a loser. No point of carrying on with anything, I do not even feel like waking up anymore. In my family everyone is working apart from me. I really needed a job to help my family. I am so lost. I cannot even talk to anyone about my struggles and problems. I have stopped talking to people and as a result my communication skills have become so bad that even passing an interview seems difficult. I am not really from the U.K, so my spoken English was never great. If for example I am at an interview and I am asked a question I struggle to answer it properly. If same question is written on a paper, I have no difficulty answering it. I have not communicated with people for a long time, I mean I occasionally talk to people at Uni, but not like a proper communication. I am such a loser, everywhere in life. This is the reason why I feel so worthless and good-for-nothing. I am just depressed.
Hi I'm sorry , no one has replied you 4 years ago. U must have realised till now that u are not a loser. I wish u a very good future x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending