The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Aristotle's' Disciple
I checked your post history and it's actually unbelievable :hahaha:, pretty sure I commented on one of them months ago. Good luck!

:/ I know it's pretty pathetic isn't it?
Original post by believeteam22
U can understand him though, right? Sometimes you feel strongly about someone, even though it's hopeless. I guess not everyone deals with it well. It's definitely not healthy.

"Move on" is such an easy thing to say, but very difficult to do. Especially as I see her all the time. Do you have any constructive advice I could really use it.

Yeah, I can understand, however, that sort of behaviour isn't nice when you're on the receiving end. I hate turning him down cause he is my best friend, and I've turned down loads of people but it's harder when he's your best friend.

Of course, if it were that easy you could have done it by now, but by obsessing over her, how has that impacted on your life? How many girls even that may have been interested in you have you missed because you only had eyes for one? How many times have you been upset over this girl?

Take your mind off her. I had to tell my friend that if he continues with he suffocating behaviour, I don't want to be friends with him - He's putting a lot of pressure on me and its as if I have nothing else to deal with. I don't want that to come to this but, it's draing me emotionally, I'm not in a good mental state and he knows this, yet persists.

Tell your our friend you need to take a break. Don't contact her, pick up new hobbies, meet other people. If you think of her, immediately do something else and even if you want to think of her, force yourself to do something else.
Also, why should someone be your priority if you are only an option, if even, to them?
Reply 23
Original post by LadyEcliptic
Yeah, I can understand, however, that sort of behaviour isn't nice when you're on the receiving end. I hate turning him down cause he is my best friend, and I've turned down loads of people but it's harder when he's your best friend.

Of course, if it were that easy you could have done it by now, but by obsessing over her, how has that impacted on your life? How many girls even that may have been interested in you have you missed because you only had eyes for one? How many times have you been upset over this girl?

Take your mind off her. I had to tell my friend that if he continues with he suffocating behaviour, I don't want to be friends with him - He's putting a lot of pressure on me and its as if I have nothing else to deal with. I don't want that to come to this but, it's draing me emotionally, I'm not in a good mental state and he knows this, yet persists.

Tell your our friend you need to take a break. Don't contact her, pick up new hobbies, meet other people. If you think of her, immediately do something else and even if you want to think of her, force yourself to do something else.

To be honest if it were me I would have cut him out of my life already. Just the fact that he is still persisting despite you being very clear and being made uncomfortable by it. It just shows a complete lack of respect for you.
Original post by keladry
To be honest if it were me I would have cut him out of my life already. Just the fact that he is still persisting despite you being very clear and being made uncomfortable by it. It just shows a complete lack of respect for you.

Im that bit closer to doing it, but it's been really tough :/ plus, he's at the university I'm going to so its gona be hard not seeing him xD
Reply 25
Want my advice? Ask her out. Then if she says no accept that it will never, ever happen, cut off all contact and move on.
I have a female friend who I also like more than a friend. But she is in a relationship and I have accepted that we can never be together. She doesn't have feelings for me anyway.

So that being said, I like being friends with her. We get on really well and I'm happy when I'm around her.

The only thing is, sometimes I feel like I am too nice to her, and treat her as if she is more than just a friend. I am always helping her whenever she asks and I am always available to her.

Sometimes I feel maybe she doesn't appreciate everything I do for her.
Also, I feel really attached to her and sometimes I feel I act a bit needy and clingy. I know that's not good but that's what I feel.

I've never had a girlfriend so maybe my closeness to this girl is because of that? I don't know.

I want to stay friends with her, but I am scared of pushing her away or distancing myself from her, because I like the closeness I have with this girl and I don't really want to do anything to ruin our friendship.

So I'm not sure how to proceed. I also get really upset easily with things regarding her. I care about her a lot.

Do you guys think that this is a result of my unrequited feelings towards her? I don't mean to do it but I can't help it sometimes.

I already know I care about her a lot more than she cares about me. Maybe she doesn't need to care that much? Maybe I am expecting too much?

What are your thoughts?

She's my oneitis :/

Lately I have been thinking about her all the time. And it just makes me really sad.

I think u shouldn't end your friendship right here.. block.her from or delete from Facebook e.t.c. If u have some mental conditions see a psychologist. .I use to message a guy constantly for like five months and then all of a.sudden he shut me out so I could move on . And I have heehehe:smile:.. However then my mate told me he did llike u but them. I was like okay then haha..
I am sad all the time because of this situation. But I am not willing to end my friendship with her. :/
I have a female friend who I also like more than a friend. But she is in a relationship and I have accepted that we can never be together. She doesn't have feelings for me anyway.

So that being said, I like being friends with her. We get on really well and I'm happy when I'm around her.

The only thing is, sometimes I feel like I am too nice to her, and treat her as if she is more than just a friend. I am always helping her whenever she asks and I am always available to her.

Sometimes I feel maybe she doesn't appreciate everything I do for her.
Also, I feel really attached to her and sometimes I feel I act a bit needy and clingy. I know that's not good but that's what I feel.

I've never had a girlfriend so maybe my closeness to this girl is because of that? I don't know.

I want to stay friends with her, but I am scared of pushing her away or distancing myself from her, because I like the closeness I have with this girl and I don't really want to do anything to ruin our friendship.

So I'm not sure how to proceed. I also get really upset easily with things regarding her. I care about her a lot.

Do you guys think that this is a result of my unrequited feelings towards her? I don't mean to do it but I can't help it sometimes.

I already know I care about her a lot more than she cares about me. Maybe she doesn't need to care that much? Maybe I am expecting too much?

What are your thoughts?

She's my oneitis :/

Lately I have been thinking about her all the time. And it just makes me really sad.

I know exactly how you feel, I was in the exact same boat.
Try distancing yourself from her for a bit and see what happens, you might feel better, in which case, great! But if you don't, you will need to put your attention onto someone or something else.
Dude this isn't healthy for you. Meet other women. Hell, even make some male friends and hang out with them. Maybe you have friends but the way you're acting here (no offence) you don't have any. I was in a 3 year relationship and we broke up (and it wasn't my choice) which was obviously gutting. I no contacted for a couple weeks, spent all my free time relaxing (enjoying my favourite shows, going out and meeting people, hanging out with friends) and after that I had moved on, we're even able to talk once every few weeks as friends, to see how each other are doing.

This sh!t mental state is only lasting as long as you let it. You need to start focusing on yourself. What I found helped me move on very quickly was by seeing what my future is, almost like a new timeline. eg, I'll hang out with friends, go to the gym, ace my studies, get the job that I want at the end of it and have a fantastic time working my way up the ranks, meeting new awesome people (because they're all out there) and everything. Looking at it that way, it made everything before that point seem like it wouldn't have any sway on that future. You just got to see yourself as a desirable person with a bright future ahead of you. Then you'll see that cutting this girl out of your life (at least until you're ready to make it a casual friendship) is no biggie.

Stop dragging yourself down with noone will ever want me, I will never want anyone except this girl and I'm so depressed etc etc. You'll believe it as long as you tell yourself to believe it.

I've never had a girlfriend so maybe my closeness to this girl is because of that?

This is exactly and completely your problem. Period.

Once you get a girlfriend, you'll notice a change in your attitude to your female friend like the difference between night and day.

You may even not particularly care about this female friend at all!

But mostly you'll notice you stop being so needy and desperate to impress her and make her happy and all that subconscious and not so subconscious stuff you do in the vain suppressed hope she falls for you (she won't).

Easier said than done at your point of experience, but really do make a concious and serious effort to sort of spread your interest net far and wide. Explore possibilities with other girls. Improve your social skills, your look, your 'game', etc and just put yourself out there.and eventually someone else will take notice and actually want you to do the nasty with her, and date and cuddle and all that yucky stuff.

It'll be for the best, good luck dude.

Chancves are
Must say man, had a look at your previous threads and you've been acting very overwhelmingly towards this poor girl. see it from her perspective man, it sounds like you never leave her alone and demand to know where she is at all time, there'll come a point where she actually turns around and tells you to leave her alone - appreciate the insight given by someone else in this thread as the person in that situation, it made her feel uncomfortable and noone wants to be friends with someone that doesn't make them feel good... you really need to back off of her i'm afraid.

curious to see pic of this girl that you're so crazy about too
Original post by Mrpianoman
I know exactly how you feel, I was in the exact same boat.
Try distancing yourself from her for a bit and see what happens, you might feel better, in which case, great! But if you don't, you will need to put your attention onto someone or something else.

I am trying to do this. But I can't keep it up. After a while, I miss her, and then I go right back to her. :/
Original post by TykeDragon
Dude this isn't healthy for you. Meet other women. Hell, even make some male friends and hang out with them. Maybe you have friends but the way you're acting here (no offence) you don't have any. I was in a 3 year relationship and we broke up (and it wasn't my choice) which was obviously gutting. I no contacted for a couple weeks, spent all my free time relaxing (enjoying my favourite shows, going out and meeting people, hanging out with friends) and after that I had moved on, we're even able to talk once every few weeks as friends, to see how each other are doing.

This sh!t mental state is only lasting as long as you let it. You need to start focusing on yourself. What I found helped me move on very quickly was by seeing what my future is, almost like a new timeline. eg, I'll hang out with friends, go to the gym, ace my studies, get the job that I want at the end of it and have a fantastic time working my way up the ranks, meeting new awesome people (because they're all out there) and everything. Looking at it that way, it made everything before that point seem like it wouldn't have any sway on that future. You just got to see yourself as a desirable person with a bright future ahead of you. Then you'll see that cutting this girl out of your life (at least until you're ready to make it a casual friendship) is no biggie.

Stop dragging yourself down with noone will ever want me, I will never want anyone except this girl and I'm so depressed etc etc. You'll believe it as long as you tell yourself to believe it.

You give some good advice.

I think what has happened over the past year and a half, is that I have dedicated all my time and effort with her. I just got closer and closer to her, even though I knew she had a bf from the beginning. (Bad mistake I know).

We literally talked every single day, and she became a huge part of my life. I hardly talked to any other girls expect her. (Bad mistake again).

So now it's come to a point where she is only female friend. And I am afraid to lose her, as I don't have any other options. (My fault again).

So I am in this mess because of myself. And the fact that I am madly in love with her doesn't help.

I will see her for a few more weeks at uni before we finish for the year. And then I am unlikely to see her til October.
Original post by Studentus-anonymous
This is exactly and completely your problem. Period.

Once you get a girlfriend, you'll notice a change in your attitude to your female friend like the difference between night and day.

You may even not particularly care about this female friend at all!

But mostly you'll notice you stop being so needy and desperate to impress her and make her happy and all that subconscious and not so subconscious stuff you do in the vain suppressed hope she falls for you (she won't).

Easier said than done at your point of experience, but really do make a concious and serious effort to sort of spread your interest net far and wide. Explore possibilities with other girls. Improve your social skills, your look, your 'game', etc and just put yourself out there.and eventually someone else will take notice and actually want you to do the nasty with her, and date and cuddle and all that yucky stuff.

It'll be for the best, good luck dude.

Chancves are

Yes I agree. Good stuff. I really need to talk to other girls. She is the only I talk to over the past year and a half and that was a very bad mistake. I realise this now.
I am sad all the time because of this situation. But I am not willing to end my friendship with her. :/

askher out...get a big fat no...move on...i was like you to a lesser extent...girl said she didnt like me and we havent talked since...
Feels like Groundhog Day, seeing the same posts over and over and over...

Lots of good people have given you constructive advice time and time again. Please listen to them, get help or just carry on the way you are.

No girl is worth torturing yourself over (and this is coming from a girl)
Today we argued. I have been looking for a girl lately, trying to find someone else. And I told her about this. No luck as of yet. Anyway today I found a girl from an online dating website, and I showed her saying she's pretty isn't she?

And she said yeah she is. And she said "I see.. you are desperate.."

Wow she called me desperate. That made me very angry and upset.

I said why are you saying I am desperate?

She said "Coz u didn't find in uni or at work, and now u are looking online at dating websites, it means u r desperate man"

Like are you joking??? What kind of friend would say desperate :O

I was livid at this point.

I said I am not desperate to find a girl.

Then she says "It's my opinion. So u just respect. U don't have to agree"

Then later she says "U are too serious"

Then she started acting cold and distant..

And she said "we need to find u a gf, so u can mind ur own business. hahaha. im joking man"

The at the end she said "Leave me alone tonight. Can u stop."

I didn't reply after that.
Sever ties wid this ting fam. You're too emotionally involved wid her when she isn't even a potential girlfriend.

What the bumbaclart are you doing?

You're starting a trend in your life that leads down depression and being mistreated by women that you like.
Dude....let it go.

Shes borderline being a dick to you so that you get the hint. Sorry if that's blunt, but obsession isn't attractive.

Latest

Trending

Trending