OllyPlain
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I'm looking to make some money outside of work and school responsibilities to pay off debts (ie V festival ticket:'(). Ive considered buying and selling stuff on ebay but have no idea what to sell. Anyone have any advice on what to do or sell?
idontevenbeth
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Ebaying, selling in local facebook groups, selling stuff like:

Old clothes
Old games consoles
Old games
New christmas gifts you don't use
Maybe make arts and crafts?

I do surveys on GlobalTestMarket and when I do all the surveys I earn about £30 in two months (that's doing every single survey that comes to me)
OllyPlain
Rep:
?
Okay cool thankyou! how many surveys do you have to do and how often?
idontevenbeth
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by OllyPlain)
Okay cool thankyou! how many surveys do you have to do and how often?

The more I do the more I get. I used to get like one a day that lasted between 5-60 minutes, now I get around three. It's slow and can be monotonous but you can earn quite a bit if you keep it up
purplehedgehog11
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
What about doing Avon?
OllyPlain
Rep:
?
(Original post by idontevenbeth)
The more I do the more I get. I used to get like one a day that lasted between 5-60 minutes, now I get around three. It's slow and can be monotonous but you can earn quite a bit if you keep it up
Okay thankyou very much for your help
OllyPlain
Rep:
?
(Original post by purplehedgehog11)
What about doing Avon?
Aha im a boy so not sure id be to great at that, but thanks anyway:')
idontevenbeth
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by purplehedgehog11)
What about doing Avon?
Aha im a boy so not sure id be to great at that, but thanks anyway:')
AVON isn't worth it. You have to pay for your books and the products and there's usually someone else in your area competing, honestly I wouldn't even recommend it to anyone
OllyPlain
Rep:
?
(Original post by idontevenbeth)
AVON isn't worth it. You have to pay for your books and the products and there's usually someone else in your area competing, honestly I wouldn't even recommend it to anyone
Yeh not really my cuppa tea!
Lemon Haze
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
1. If you have a skill you can sell it.

2. Buy undervalued semi-expensive items for cheap. I'm talking Phones, consoles, tablets etc and sell them on for profit. Usually people don't know what things are worth and just wanna get rid of their item for a little change. I've bought many PS4's on eBay and iPhones and stuff from friends for cheap and put them straight back on eBay for a much higher price.
OllyPlain
Rep:
?
(Original post by Lemon Haze)
1. If you have a skill you can sell it.

2. Buy undervalued semi-expensive items for cheap. I'm talking Phones, consoles, tablets etc and sell them on for profit. Usually people don't know what things are worth and just wanna get rid of their item for a little change. I've bought many PS4's on eBay and iPhones and stuff from friends for cheap and put them straight back on eBay for a much higher price.
Don't really have and skills worth selling, but the other things are good ideas! games consoles and games are very popular i suppose, thankyou!
Lemon Haze
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Don't really have and skills worth selling, but the other things are good ideas! games consoles and games are very popular i suppose, thankyou!
Games are very good profit, me and my friends all bought the same PS4 bundle at the same time that included Drive Club, we all agreed to go to CEX to sell our copies but found out we would only get £8 for a brand new sealed copy!

So I decided I could improve the situation by purchasing Drive Club from all my friends for £15 (£7 more than what they would have got) and sold them all on eBay for around £30 each...everybody won!

In fact yesterday I got offered a iPhone 4s for £25 which I bought and will put on eBay soon to make some juicy profit! Look out for friends or family who have valuable unused stuff sitting around and offer to buy it from them.
OllyPlain
Rep:
?
(Original post by Lemon Haze)
Games are very good profit, me and my friends all bought the same PS4 bundle at the same time that included Drive Club, we all agreed to go to CEX to sell our copies but found out we would only get £8 for a brand new sealed copy!

So I decided I could improve the situation by purchasing Drive Club from all my friends for £15 (£7 more than what they would have got) and sold them all on eBay for around £30 each...everybody won!

In fact yesterday I got offered a iPhone 4s for £25 which I bought and will put on eBay soon to make some juicy profit! Look out for friends or family who have valuable unused stuff sitting around and offer to buy it from them.
Okay thankyou! yeh i think i'll have a look at games and consoles and see if i can bag any at a good price! thankyou again
rachrl03
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
You can try stuff like matched betting (which can make money pretty quickly) or online stock trading but they both take quite a bit of reading up on and you need to have some money in the first place.
Laomedeia
Badges: 21
Report 4 years ago
Also beware! If you make more than about £70000 per year, you MUST be VAT (Value Associated Theft) registered. Plus theres the income tax and NI thing you would have to sort out yourself. Not sure what the limit is before you have to start paying NI or IT tho.
OllyPlain
Rep:
?
Yeh ive heard stock trading can be quite risky:/ thanks anyway
OllyPlain
Rep:
?
Aha i dont think ill be making 70K but cheerss, just a few quid to get by
steveyb
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I know it sounds a bit weird but my friend sold her socks on ebay to weirdos and got loads of cash from it haha
OllyPlain
Rep:
?
Aha im on a shortage of socks anyway but thanks
Reue
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by steveyb)
I know it sounds a bit weird but my friend sold her socks on ebay to weirdos and got loads of cash from it haha
Her being the key part of that business plan.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (65)
23.3%
No (214)
76.7%

Watched Threads