The Student Room Group

Failing two modules at university still possible to get a 2:1?

Hi there,

I am a first year student. At my uni, you need to pass 6/8 modules to progress into Year 2. I am finding most of the modules okay just 2 which I find really difficult. My question is if I fail those two modules do I have to retake them? Because both are maths related and I absolutely struggle with maths been getting like 20/30 percent maximum in both. I feel that even if I got 20 I just want to leave the grade as it is. Also will this stop me from getting a 2:1.

My first year is worth 10 percent , 2nd yr 30 percent and 3rd year 60 percent.

And do the failed marks get added to your mean mark? Or do they just count the ones you passed. Thanks
If first year is only 10% (usually it doesn't count), then you should still be able to get a 2:1. Do the maths.... oops didn't even realise that was a pun. Just work out how much you need in everything else throughout your degree. If it's only like 63 then you can definitely do that.
Original post by ineedtorevise127
Hi there,I am a first year student. At my uni, you need to pass 6/8 modules to progress into Year 2. I am finding most of the modules okay just 2 which I find really difficult. My question is if I fail those two modules do I have to retake them? Because both are maths related and I absolutely struggle with maths been getting like 20/30 percent maximum in both. I feel that even if I got 20 I just want to leave the grade as it is. Also will this stop me from getting a 2:1.My first year is worth 10 percent , 2nd yr 30 percent and 3rd year 60 percent. And do the failed marks get added to your mean mark? Or do they just count the ones you passed. Thanks

If you fail you'll probably have to resist the modules in the summer (less than 40). And those will normally be capped at 40 so that you only pass and that's it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending