The Student Room Group

I was sexually harassed outside of a McDonalds.

Scroll to see replies

I remember when me and my friend was in a queue at McDonald's, my friend was quite tipsy, however I was not. Two lads were making crude comments to us for at least 10 minutes. We ignored it, and then I resolved the situation by telling the main loud-mouth that if he didn't quit I'd crush his dick with my dr martens, and then force feed it to his friend. Because I was calm and collected, he never expected it, so he soon shut up. I think it's because I said it so casually. I would have never reported it though, even if I was on my own.
Original post by EmmzAyr
The title says "OUTSIDE" of a Mcdonalds, but, you said you were harrassed INSIDE then"I left the place still hungry and drove off."

Doesn't add up for me!

Just because you are not attractive enough to find yourself in a situation which you can then descriptively stretch on TSR to encompass the broadest of definitions of sexual harrassment and thereby get the attention of your favourite internet community does not mean you can question the validity of the case put forward. After all, we are here to provide admiration and compassion to the OP who has just undergone an assault which would ultimately lead to profanity of her sacred vagina because of these obnoxious men! The OP is just so attractive that she naturally cannot do anything about these primitive men.
Reply 22
Original post by Daenerys...
I stated in the OP that they made crude comments about appearance. Asking me if I had a boyfriend was just a part of it.

Sexual harassment includes many things...
· Actual or attempted rape or sexual assault.
· Unwanted pressure for sexual favors.
· Unwanted deliberate touching, leaning over, cornering, or pinching.
· Unwanted sexual looks or gestures.
· Unwanted letters, telephone calls, or materials of a sexual nature.

Definition: Unwelcome sexual advances, requests for sexual favors, and other verbal or physicalconduct of a sexual nature.

This is not a debate thread. Please leave your male agenda at the door.

It's not really a male agenda, their making decent points.

What crude comments were they making?
Reply 23
Original post by damoney
If you think it's a good idea, then do it. They shouldn't have been making crude comments like that as it shows no respect to anyone else and they also should have realized they come across threatening in a large group. It's bad that McDonalds didn't do anything about it, they could have chucked them out at least.

If you don't want to go the police, there might be a police community support officer that could help, perhaps they can warn them not to do this sort of behaviour in the future.

1. Showing someone no respect is not illegal
2. She at no point mentioned feeling threatened
3. Why would McDonalds lose the custom based on one persons accusation?
4. Community support officers are essentially pointless, they're certainly not going to speak to some guys with no evidence

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 24
I stated in the OP that they made crude comments about appearance. Asking me if I had a boyfriend was just a part of it.

Definition: Unwelcome sexual advances, requests for sexual favors, and other verbal or physicalconduct of a sexual nature.

You are aware that harassment is a course of action and not just a one off incident? I'm not disputing that people shouldn't speak to strangers crudely but it's ridiculous to impugn their freedom of speech because you felt a bit offended or uncomfortable

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm still confused, none of the things listed have occured. I didnt want a debate I just asked if something else happened, as people can't help you if you're omitting something important. I hope you feel better about it and all, not sure I appreciate the sexism becaus of the blue pixels next to my username though. :erm:
Reply 26
Original post by Wade-
1. Showing someone no respect is not illegal
2. She at no point mentioned feeling threatened
3. Why would McDonalds lose the custom based on one persons accusation?
4. Community support officers are essentially pointless, they're certainly not going to speak to some guys with no evidence

Posted from TSR Mobile

1. I just said it was bad they didn't show her any respect. I didn't say it was illegal.
2. I assumed as she said they were in a group therefore could come across as threatening to her.
3. To keep things in the store peaceful and not have potential trouble driving other customers away.
4. They have done for me in the past.
Original post by EmmzAyr
The title says "OUTSIDE" of a Mcdonalds, but, you said you were harrassed INSIDE then"I left the place still hungry and drove off."

Doesn't add up for me!

I was harassed outside when I was in the long queue which spanned all the way to the open play area with the wooden roof and no doors which was technically outside. I stepped inside and cut through the queue when I made the complaint INSIDE.

I don't know what you mean by this post but if you're trying to suggest that I made this up then you're sick because I know people who have been sexually assaulted, yes raped, IRL. And I would never demean their experience by doing something so tacky as what you insinuated

I get looks and comments from men often like I said in an earlier post so I am accustomed however this experience was over the top. I can imagine why it would be hard to imagine this if you've never courted male attention though you're lucky in a sense.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 28
Original post by William Pitt
Just because you are not attractive enough

Eh? Not attractive? (Others will differ!) - Had a boyfriend for 2 years!

I just meant there was a contradiction in whether outside or inside the McDs!

(Horrible places anyway!)
Reply 29
I was harassed outside when I was in the long queue which spanned all the way to the open play area with the wooden roof and no doors which was technically outside. I stepped inside and cut through the queue when I made the complaint INSIDE.

I don't know what you mean by this post but if you're trying to suggest that I made this up then you're sick because I know people who have been sexually assaulted, yes raped, IRL. And I would never demean their experience by doing something so tacky as what you insinuated

I get looks and comments from men often like I said in an earlier post so I am accustomed however this experience was over the top. I can imagine why it would be hard to imagine this if you've never courted male attention though you're lucky in a sense.

What made this "experience" any different from the other times?
Guess you got McDicked...
Original post by Scott.
What made this "experience" any different from the other times?

The closeness of it. Usually I get the comments when I'm passing so I can walk away. However this time I was stuck in a queue and I was dead hungry so I couldn't just leave nor did I want to initially but eventually I thought this wasn't worth it. Another thing was that I felt it was escalating as they were getting rowdy like I said in the OP.
Reply 32

I apologise if I you took it wrongly, perhaps you should have been clearer on inside / outside?

As it happens, I have been unlucky enough to experience similar at a bus stop & know how it feels!

& for the record - I court plenty of male attention. Hope you feel better in the morning about it all! - (Drunken bravado!) x

You're quoting a document about employment discrimination and harassment in the workplace.

The list also includes "looking a person up and down" and "staring at someone".
I'm going to sleep and see how I feel in the morning discussing it in this form is not doing me any favours.
Reply 35
The closeness of it. Usually I get the comments when I'm passing so I can walk away. However this time I was stuck in a queue and I was dead hungry so I couldn't just leave nor did I want to initially but eventually I thought this wasn't worth it. Another thing was that I felt it was escalating as they were getting rowdy like I said in the OP.

Welcome to the world of drunk people.

Doubt the police can do anything, as the group haven't done anything wrong. Plus CCTV is useless, unless you can provide names, plus you'd have to prove what they said.

You complained to the restaurant and walked away.

What were you going to order?
Original post by Scott.
Welcome to the world of drunk people.

Doubt the police can do anything, as the group haven't done anything wrong. Plus CCTV is useless, unless you can provide names, plus you'd have to prove what they said.

You complained to the restaurant and walked away.

What were you going to order?

hilarious. I hope you can be this witty about sexual harassment when it happens to your mum/sister/gf.
Reply 37
I've been getting such comments from guys and I am a guy myself. It happens everywhere. You're overreacting -It's not like they wanted to harass you.

(Well, knowing you, you'd be willing to file a report for any male approaching you, be it human, dog or cat.)

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 38
hilarious. I hope you can be this witty about sexual harassment when it happens to your mum/sister/gf.

Go to police station. Tell them the law on sex crimes. The way your going on, you'll be able to convince anyone that you've been assaulted....
that must've been really scary :frown: and that's definitely sexual harassment too
whether or not you report the incident to the police is your call; if you think it'll make you feel better/more comfortable then go ahead
just be aware that unfortunately, it's unlikely the police will end up doing anything :mad:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending