The Student Room Group

I was sexually harassed outside of a McDonalds.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Future African game vet
Im sorry you had this experience.
I was sexually harassed on my university campus - all of it was caught on CCTV - though in my case it was a man being sexually explicit and then pinning me to a bus window groping me whilst i struggled to break free.
It doesnt matter how big or small you think the incident is - if it made you feel uncomfortable then its not acceptable behaviour on their part.

x

I am sorry you had to have such a nasty thing happen to you! :frown:
Original post by Future African game vet
Im sorry you had this experience.
I was sexually harassed on my university campus - all of it was caught on CCTV - though in my case it was a man being sexually explicit and then pinning me to a bus window groping me whilst i struggled to break free.
It doesnt matter how big or small you think the incident is - if it made you feel uncomfortable then its not acceptable behaviour on their part.

x

Thanks for sharing your story. I am sorry this happened to you and I'm glad I have never experienced something this horrific.

On a side note, the quote in your sig is rather sexist and suggests that women somehow deserve to be abused if they don't conform to being a lady.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Eva.Gregoria
Lol let's be realistic here. There is not enough resources to convict every single case of "He looked me up and down!" "He groped me!" "He had the audacity to ask me if I had a boyfriend" and "He yelled out 'hey babe!'"

It will ultimately be wasting police time. The police officer looking into this sexual harassment could be doing something more useful like investigating a rape or sexual assault.

no, they can just keep a simple record that this toke place. they don't need to get all serious and convict anyone. btw 'he groped me!' is sexual assault and could be arrestable offence. I would not be all lol and flippant about that.
Original post by Daenerys...
Thanks for sharing your story. I am sorry this happened to you and I'm glad I have never experienced something this horrific.

On a side note, the quote in your sig is rather sexist and suggests that women somehow deserve to be abused if they don't conform to being a lady.

No, it does not you stupid idiot.
Original post by TeamAngle
No, it does not you stupid idiot.

Another sexist comment.
Another sexist comment. Please take your penis out of my thread.

You're a troll. In what way does Future African Game Vet's signature suggest women should be abused?
You're a troll. In what way does Future African Game Vet's signature suggest women should be abused?

"Maybe more men would stand up and be gentlemen if more women would sit down and be ladies.
-Unknown
"

The implication of this quote is that if women don't act like ladies then they're not helping themselves therefore men won't behave with courtesy instead women will experience what I experienced or worse. I don't know why you're making me spell it out but the inference from that quote in the poster's sig is contradictory with her post.
This happened earlier today at around 7. The drive thru was busy as you can imagine since it's Friday so I parked the car and thought it'd be quicker to walk in and order from inside. Unfortunately this was not the case as there was a long queue inside. I decided my only option was to join the line of agitated people and wait to be called upon.

No more than 2 mins in the line a group of 19-25 year old men were making crude comments about my appearance and asking me if I had a boyfriend. I ignored them but they got rowdy they were probably drinking there's a pub next door. I decided to leave the queue and walk up to a member of staff, a man, and informed him of the persistent comments and the sexual harassment I experienced he told me that there was nothing they could do apart from take a note of my order and they bring it over to my car. I was shocked and frustrated so I left the place still hungry and drove off.

When I got home I told my mum and she said I could report the guys by going to the local police station and making the mcdonalds provide the cctv.

Is this a good idea?

You and your mother both sound like utter idiots. You cannot report someone for asking whether you had a boyfriend? It is parasites like you who are the reason that the police are delayed while someone is getting murdered or raped.
"Maybe more men would stand up and be gentlemen if more women would sit down and be ladies.
-Unknown
"

The implication of this quote is that if women don't act like ladies then they're not helping themselves therefore men won't behave with courtesy instead women will experience what I experienced or worse. I don't know why you're making me spell it out but the inference from that quote in the poster's sig is contradictory with her post.

That is a harmless quote and it is just saying that gentlemen and ladies complement each other. You're an utter fool. Maybe the umbilical cord just got caught round your neck when you were born and the oxygen deprivation has caused your current state or irrationality. Or maybe I am being too kind and you're just an nasty little idiot.
Reply 89
Original post by Eva.Gregoria
Let's be honest OP. If every case of sexual harassment such as yours was taken further and the perpetrators punished, we'd need a far larger police force and more serious crimes will not be properly investigated.

This is the kind of crime that you just have to grin and bear and deal with. I'd rather they focused on prosecuting rapists which they still aren't able to do properly.

That highlighted bit is the part I am getting at, what do you mean they are not prosecuting rapists properly? Explain that exactly , do you wish the for them to convict innocent men just to please you?

Rolf Harris is a convicted rapist so it makes sense to point him out, not just convicted on recent crimes but what they call historical crimes, whatever that means. So I am confused what you mean by they are not able to convict them properly.
That is a harmless quote and it is just saying that gentlemen and ladies complement each other. You're an utter fool. Maybe the umbilical cord just got caught round your neck when you were born and the oxygen deprivation has caused your current state or irrationality. Or maybe I am being too kind and you're just an nasty little idiot.

so you made an account to promote your dislike of women, and now you are using insulting language to argue your point. nice one.
Reply 91
-Unknown
"

Maybe more men would stand up and be gentlemen if more women would sit down and be ladies.<<<<<< This quote does not sound sexist at all to me, what this quote is basically saying is that if there is a change in you there will be a change in me. Which is basically talking about the ying and yang of life, if that quote is sexist then the whole concept of ying and yang can be deemed offensive lol.

Why must men stay the same while women are allowed to change? I am not even sure how someone can give you a rep for that sexism claim. Some people are so naive and don't actually think about the message. Also you response to Team angle calling you an idiot was to label him sexist once again this was not a sexist comment.

This is the effect of tumblr feminism the dumbing down of a generation of young girls and the dumbing down of their understanding of words.

In any thing in life what you do will have a consequence and that's really what the quote comments on, it's not sexist at all.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Mancini
Maybe more men would stand up and be gentlemen if more women would sit down and be ladies.<<<<<< This quote does not sound sexist at all to me, what this quote is basically saying is that if there is a change in you there will be a change in me. Which is basically talking about the ying and yang of life, if that quote is sexist then the whole concept of ying and yang can be deemed offensive lol.

Why must guys stay the same while women are allowed to change? I am not even sure how someone can give you a rep for that sexism claim. Some people are so naive and don't actually think about the message. Also you response to Team angle calling you an idiot was to label him sexist once again this was not a sexist comment.

This is the effect of tumblr feminism the dumbing down of a generation of young girls and the dumbing down of their understanding of words.

In any thing in life what you do will have a consequence and that's really what the quote comments on, it's not sexist at all.

Your whole post is sexist. You're saying that because I am a woman I cannot think for myself and I am employing herd mentality and not critically thinking about what I believe in. You would not say this to me if I was a man. Stop posting if you're not going to be sensitive to the topic of discussion.
Reply 93
Guys chill out OP must be feeling a McFlurry of emotion give her a break.
Original post by Mancini

Why must men stay the same while women are allowed to change? I am not even sure how someone can give you a rep for that sexism claim. Some people are so naive and don't actually think about the message. Also you response to Team angle calling you an idiot was to label him sexist once again this was not a sexist comment.

Ok sir. i will sit here and then you will respect me finally. I sit down , while you stand up!. The quote is a gender attack and symbolizes Submission / Dominance = Lesser / More, by implying that women should sit and be in place, in order to receive respect from men.
Reply 95
Your whole post is sexist. You're saying that because I am a woman I cannot think for myself and I am employing herd mentality and not critically thinking about what I believe in. You would not say this to me if I was a man. Stop posting if you're not going to be sensitive to the topic of discussion.

1.Daenerys I have been more then kind to you, I have even helped you greatly in understanding the laws which may help you in this situation. Sometimes I crack a joke but that's simply my personality and because humour helps release tension, I always try to be sensitive to the topic of discussion and have been here.

2.However , being sensitive to the topic does not and should not equal posters losing all logic when they are faced with people making claims that are illogical.

3.My whole post was not sexist at all because it did not attack women ,in fact it was well thought out with a relevant analogy.

I cannot think for myself and I am employing herd mentality and not critically thinking about what I believe in<<<< Well I never claimed you cannot think for yourself ,however, the conclusion you came to with that quote was not sound. I am not sure one bit how you could think that quote is sexist just because it sounds at first hand like it's an attack on women sure in some sense it is an attack on women's changing character , however , it's not a sexist attack as you claimed.

It's a very sound philosophical quote which to be honest talks about both sexes and not in a derogatory manner. Women are not beyond critic because this thing called feminism exists nor does it make every critic on women sexist. One thing I do agree with you on though is bringing up the herd mentality issue because when people have knee jerk reactions as you did labeling it sexist, it creates a cycle of faux offence in people.

You really have to read the quote and analyse it without bias. So yes I agree in labeling that quote sexist you did not think critically enough perhaps you thought you were but clearly you were not.

Edit: You should not be critically thinking about what you believe in,belief does not require critical thinking all it requires is your belief. You should be critically thinking about the quote.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 96
Original post by SuperWolfPaws
Ok sir. i will sit here and then you will respect me finally. I sit down , while you stand up!. The quote is a gender attack and symbolizes Submission / Dominance = Lesser / More, by implying that women should sit and be in place, in order to receive respect from men.

No it's not a gender attack nor does it symbolize submission or dominance it symbolises harmony. The quote does not suggest you should sit down ,it does not tell you that you must sit down the quote simply suggests that if you change your behaviour then the behaviour of the male sex will change aswell, which is a fact as with anything in life.

So now you tumblr feminists are labeling simple observations of life sexist. Don't act like in life things are no expected of us whether male or female pointing out these things is not sexist. The quote does not ask women to change it simply suggests that a change will infact occur.

Problem with you is you are reading it as a very personal attack, looking at it very literally , the quote is not personal its a simple philosophical observation. If I told you, if you hit me, I will hit you back, is this also sexist ? You see how far off you are from understanding the quote. Notice my comment is not as good as the original quote but it makes equal sense.
Eat his big mac
Original post by Mancini
No it's not a gender attack nor does it symbolize submission or dominance it symbolises harmony. The quote does not suggest you should sit down ,it does not tell you that you must sit down the quote simply suggests that if you change your behaviour then the behaviour of the male sex will change aswell, which is a fact as with anything in life.

So now you tumblr feminists are labeling simple observations of life sexist. Don't act like in life things are no expected of us whether male or female pointing out these things is not sexist. The quote does not ask women to change it simply suggests that a change will infact occur.

Problem with you is you are reading it as a very personal attack, looking at it very literally , the quote is not personal its a simple philosophical observation. If I told you, if you hit me, I will hit you back, is this also sexist ? You see how far off you are from understanding the quote. Notice my comment is not as good as the original quote but it makes equal sense.

The quote directly suggests that women change before men. Women must change first. implying that women are in the wrong before men. Yes the quote does suggest the women sit down, it actually says so, read it again. The quote directly asks women to change, how good is your English?

In your last example, about hitting someone, use of the word 'someone' does not imply gender, hence that not being sexist. however the quote specifically refers to gender, it is about gender and it is sexist.
Reply 99
Original post by SuperWolfPaws
The quote directly suggests that women change before men. Women must change first. implying that women are in the wrong before men. Yes the quote does suggest the women sit down, it actually says so, read it again. The quote directly asks women to change, how good is your English?

In your last example, about hitting someone, use of the word 'someone' does not imply gender, hence that not being sexist. however the quote specifically refers to gender, it is about gender and it is sexist.

I just have to laugh at you, this means any critic of women in relation to men is sexist. Stop reading the quote so literally lol

Modern feminists forever making themselves look like fools.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending