The Student Room Group

I was sexually harassed outside of a McDonalds.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mancini
I just have to laugh at you, this means any critic of women in relation to men is sexist. Stop reading the quote so literally lol

Modern feminists forever making themselves look like fools.

Maybe more women would stand up and be ladies, if more men would sit down and be gentlemen.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 101
Original post by SuperWolfPaws
Maybe more women would stand up and be ladies, if men would sit down and be gentlemen.

I'm impressed I never knew feminists could recycle lines, hold up that's a lie. They actually recycle historical facts to match their agendas.

By the way earlier you said my quote was not sexist because it had no genders so I have rewritten it, let me know if it is sexist now.

When a women hits a men, then the men will hit her back.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Mancini
I'm impressed I never knew feminists could recycle lines, hold up that's a lie. They actually recycle historical facts to match their agendas.

heheheh you don't like me very much do you :biggrin:
Reply 103
heheheh you don't like me very much do you :biggrin:

I would have to know you to not like you and the truth is I don't know you :biggrin: At least you are trying Superwolf :smile:
Original post by Mancini

By the way earlier you said my quote was not sexist because it had no genders so I have rewritten it, let me know if it is sexist now.

When a women hits a men, then the men will hit her back.

Don't you get the weekend off? Lol

You're still trying to convince people I wasn't harassed?

Why are you so pressed?
Original post by Daenerys...
Another sexist comment.

How on earth is what he said sexist? It was impolite, sure, but it wasn't sexist.
Reply 106

Why are you so pressed?

Daenerys me and superpaws have been discussing a quote, not your McDonalds incident which yes so far it is not clear whether you were indeed harassed, right now all we know is that a fella asked if you had a boyfriend. Keep up with your own thread.
Reply 107

Why are you so pressed?

You do realise one incident isn't enough for harassment?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Wade-
You do realise one incident isn't enough for harassment?

Posted from TSR Mobile

:facepalm:
This happened earlier today at around 7. The drive thru was busy as you can imagine since it's Friday so I parked the car and thought it'd be quicker to walk in and order from inside. Unfortunately this was not the case as there was a long queue inside. I decided my only option was to join the line of agitated people and wait to be called upon.

No more than 2 mins in the line a group of 19-25 year old men were making crude comments about my appearance and asking me if I had a boyfriend. I ignored them but they got rowdy they were probably drinking there's a pub next door. I decided to leave the queue and walk up to a member of staff, a man, and informed him of the persistent comments and the sexual harassment I experienced he told me that there was nothing they could do apart from take a note of my order and they bring it over to my car. I was shocked and frustrated so I left the place still hungry and drove off.

When I got home I told my mum and she said I could report the guys by going to the local police station and making the mcdonalds provide the cctv.

Is this a good idea?

I know EXACTLY how you feel. All men are EVIL, disgusting cis-genered white males with the horrible patriarchy in today's society they need to check there privilege. I recommend writing a tumblr blog to gain the support of feminists, SJW's everywhere and tell the news so you can have these animals fired from there jobs and given a equality lecture on how to stop being men and associate as a transgendered women lesbian. They should also never be allowed to have jobs again and should be locked in prison where men are stoned and beaten for even having the gaul to own a penis.

#Feminism #SocialJustice #MenareEvil #CrushthePatriarchy #Cis-gendered scum #Tumblr #Totallynotajoke
(edited 9 years ago)
I am not surprised that my experience is being downplayed by the usual suspects. :rolleyes: I get comments about my looks from men all the time, I am used to it. This time what frustrated me was the closeness of the situation i.e. I could have been assaulted had I stayed there for longer and how the on-lookers pretended they didn't see or hear what was going on. Plenty of men from all ages were about me yet none stepped forward.

I have no idea what would come of it probably not much however my mother feels I have duty to report these people and I feel like I need to speak up for myself as well.

What on earth is this?
Reply 111
:facepalm:

Care to elaborate?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 112
How about you stop wasting our time and go report it to the police if you want? Are we supposed to tell you what to do? Guessing it's right when they say the prettier a girl is the more brain damage? Go do what you want and stop asking stupid questions.
I'm did not create this thread to debate the legitimacy of the crime or to ask your take on it, I simply asked whether reporting my experience to police would yield in the male thugs being reprimanded for their actions.

Persistent sexual advances and verbal abuse both are sexual harassment in the eyes of the law. This is a fact, you can google this. A crime has been committed on my person. It's not surprise that another male poster is attempting to downplay my unfortunate endeavour but there you have it men think sexual harassment is only a crime when it's physical i.e. when someone gets raped... Even then you'll be victim blaming and asking me what I was wearing and if I led them on. A girl can't win can she? :rolleyes:

Typical feminazi; using sexism to try to make your point valid.
Well guess what; I'm female and I still think your post is full of it! :biggrin:

A) You have not said anything to indicate a crime, nor expanded

B) Stop over-reacting and get over it. Perhaps real situations where people are genuinely harassed would then be appreciated

C) Stop trying to play the sexist card by then being sexist. It's really boring.

D) You clearly posted this mainly for sympathy, which since you haven't received have now decided to claim it was only for advice. Except when it's given, because you didn't like it, you claim it all as more sexism. -sigh-
If you were going to report it, you would have. But by all means, go ahead and waste police time.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending