The Student Room Group

Applying for physiotherapy with a btec and 2 alevels

Hi,

I am thinking about doing a degree in physio therapy at uni,

Would I get in to a decent uni with a levels in biology, psychology and a btec in sport

I'm currently doing as chemistry, but am really struggling so probably won't continue it next year
Original post by stephanienx
Hi,

I am thinking about doing a degree in physio therapy at uni,

Would I get in to a decent uni with a levels in biology, psychology and a btec in sport

I'm currently doing as chemistry, but am really struggling so probably won't continue it next year

Why not A level sport?
What level BTEC?
Wouldn't it just be favorable to either do all A levels, a BTEC, or if you really want to push yourself - a BTEC and an A level?
Reply 2
Original post by hellodave5
Why not A level sport?
What level BTEC?
Wouldn't it just be favorable to either do all A levels, a BTEC, or if you really want to push yourself - a BTEC and an A level?

Im already doing my as year, and I am studying biology, psychology,chemistry and btec level 3 sport

however I am struggling with chemistry so do not want to continue it next year so am just wondering what my options are
Original post by stephanienx
Im already doing my as year, and I am studying biology, psychology,chemistry and btec level 3 sport

however I am struggling with chemistry so do not want to continue it next year so am just wondering what my options are

...So you're doing 3 A levels, and a BTEC the equivalent of 3 A levels?! 6 A levels. Really? lol.

I'm not sure to what degree BTECs below L3 are deemed a reasonable replacement for 1 A level in terms of the admissions process, if I'm honest! Many will state they either want A levels or a BTEC, or a BTEC L3 with 1 additional A level. I'm not sure about other variations.
Reply 4
I don't understand what you're saying

Quick Reply

Latest