The Student Room Group

I'm not sure how I feel about this new guy friend

We met via a dating website, he said before we met he was looking for friendship initially and then anything more is a bonus. I said that was cool, I was looking to date people but friendships are also good.

Before we met we talked constantly via text and then when we met we hit it off really well. There wasn't any flirting but we spoke and laughed about a lot of things, I just felt really comfortable around him. Obviously I didn't know what he looked like properly in person, and he isn't someone I would initially be attracted to, but he's not ugly either!

Because I don't know if I was/am physically attracted to him enough to kiss him, and the point he made about making friends, I didn't make a move or try to show any interest romantically.

How ever he paid for the night (insisted) and we have spoken every day since, met up every week since and generally spend a lot of time talking/seeing each other.

I feel like I really like this guy, we have some kind of connection, but when I think about kissing him I don't know if I want to or not? I can't picture having sex with him, but maybe that's because we've never kissed or flirted with each other?
I know that sounds awful, but usually it's the physical attraction that comes first and then the emotional. At least for me anyway.

I can't tell if he wants to be just friends with me or he's into me, he's done a lot for me in a short space of time we've known each other and he's a great guy. He's always complimenting me and suggesting things that we should do in the future but the other week he mentioned being interested in another girl (which made me a bit jealous).

I don't want to jeopardise our friendship by making a move/kissing him and then having my doubts about my attraction towards him confirmed (if im not feeling it in the kiss). Because that would ruin what we have already and I do want him to stay in my life.

I hope this makes sense, I'm a bit confused as to how I feel, if anyone could give me some words of advice i'd appreciate it!
see that's a problem with meeting up through a dating site, there's always doubts between each other (or unhealthy clingyness)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending