The Student Room Group

Anyone else had any really bad friendships ??

I was quite close with one guy one time, however he started off a really clingy but it was ok as it was like a joke and wasnt as bad. As time went on we could have a joke and a laugh. I told him things about family that not many people knew as I trusted him.

He then came out he was gay and told me he had a crush on me, I told it could never happen as I was straight. Then he would get really possessive and be abusive if I spoke to girls or if he saw me with girls. I told him many times to stop this behaviour but he wouldnt so obviously that broke our trust. He then used to try and touch my penis, that lead to some major problem as you dont ****ing do that.

Since I thought I could trust him with the family things he threatened to tell them because I wouldnt talk as much or if he saw me with a girl. He would also ring me and demand to know where I was. At this point I was considering if I should be friends with him.

Then it was the last straw he accused of me of lying all the time and thought I was hiding someting from him, after a me being decent and spoke to him about this and let him off a good 10 times. It was time to get out. I knew him for 3 years.

So can you believe it someone you considered as a very good friend turned out to be a bastard. Now he even texts me flirty because he knows it winds me up but what winds him up more me not replying or taking notice. He's eased off the messaged but if it carries ill get police involved.

Has anyone else had any bad friendships like ? Could you tell me your story ? I just want to know. I can relate.
Reply 1
Anyone ?
Reply 2
I was best friends with a guy for over 6 years. We were like brother and sister and got on like a house on fire. Trusted him with my life and all that jazz.

6 years ago, I got my first bf. My best friend and him knew each other from school and got on well. At first everything was fine but over the course of a few weeks my friend changed and tried to have sly touches of me or tried to kiss me and would pass it off as him just being friendly. It all came to a head a few months later when I lost my virginity to my bf (still with him 6 years on). Naturally, I wanted to tell my best friend after it happened so I did and instead of being all intrigued and having a laugh, he grabbed me by the throat and slapped me and called me every name under the sun like "you're a dirty whore" and things like that. He had never been violent person. In fact, you would never think he would hurt a fly so this was a big shock and it broke my heart. We fell out instantly after that and we haven't spoke since. My mum and bf wanted me to get him charged after what he done but I just wanted him out my life.

I should have see some warning signs that he was a prick but when you're young, you don't notice some things until something major like this happens. For a while I missed him as its hard to throw away all those years of friendship but we haven't spoken since and when he sees me now, he keeps his head down and looks in the other direction.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by Spock's Socks
I was best friends with a guy for over 6 years. We were like brother and sister and got on like a house on fire. Trusted him with my life and all that jazz.

6 years ago, I got my first bf. My best friend and him knew each other from school and got on well. At first everything was fine but over the course of a few weeks my friend changed and tried to have sly touches of me or tried to kiss me and would pass it off as him just being friendly. It all came to a head a few months later when I lost my virginity to my bf (still with him 6 years on). Naturally, I wanted to tell my best friend after it happened so I did and instead of being all intrigued and having a laugh, he grabbed me by the throat and slapped me and called me every name under the sun like "you're a dirty whore" and things like that. He had never been violent person. In fact, you would never think he would hurt a fly so this was a big shock and it broke my heart. We fell out instantly after that and we haven't spoke since. My mum and bf wanted me to get him charged after what he done but I just wanted him out my life.

I should have see some warning signs that he was a prick but when you're young, you don't notice some things until something major like this happens. For a while I missed him as its hard to throw away all those years of friendship but we haven't spoken since and when he sees me now, he keeps his head down and looks in the other direction.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I suppose losing someone who doesnt have that respect/trust of friendship isnt really a loss but a gain :smile:. Did this happen 6 years ago.
Well all throughout high school I had a best friend. She didn't really have any other friends and being really shy at the time neither did I and she was the closest friend I had ever had. From about year 7 to year 9 we had constant sleepovers, always met up, always had long phone conversations and were practically glued to each other at school.

Then in year 9 she got a boyfriend. She was always with him at break and lunch times and to start with it was fine as we would sit with him and his friends but then she stopped meeting me after school to be with him and eventually it was just him she had time for. We pretty much fell out over this and I went to get something back off of her at lunch one day and after being awful to me about asking she said she would bring it into school. I got it back like a month later after having to ask a few more times..

When they broke up she immediately came back to me and tried to act as if we were still best friends. If this was the situation now I would hopefully not have caved on as easily as I did but I was a young teenager with no other close friends so after about a week or two we were in a food technology lesson and we started talking about what we were doing and then after class she asked if we could be friends again and I remember saying maybe but I don't remember how we did fully make up again but we did.

Then in year 10 or 11 (probably after falling out a few more times but for minor reasons) a girl she was friends with and sometimes hung around with us at school told me that she was pregnant (my friend) and that she was going to have an abortion. I am one of those people that annoy lots of people by having strong opinions on this and I really didn't want to believe this girls rumour. We were in the next class together so I told her what the girl had said and she denied it but soon the rumour was all over school. I stuck by my friend and I believed her probably because it's what I wanted to be true. I still don't know if she was ever pregnant or if the girl was lying though.. We fell out over this because she believed the other girl was telling the truth when she said I started the rumour.

After we left school we were friends again but we weren't as close. She started smoking and drinking and I felt very uncomfortable around her. She took me to meet a few of her new friends and I didn't like it at all so I distanced myself from her and we didn't start talking again for about 6 months - a year and now we only talk occasionally on Facebook and meet up sometimes but I wouldn't say we have an actual friendship now as I don't know whether I can trust her and we both have our own lives now.
In secondary school my friendships were relatively stable, but I was the polar opposite of many of my friends. Nowadays I don't have 'best friends', I just talk to lots of different people which has it's benefits (no arguing, no bitchiness) but I can't console in people as much.
Yah.
Reply 7
Original post by Anonymous
I suppose losing someone who doesnt have that respect/trust of friendship isnt really a loss but a gain :smile:. Did this happen 6 years ago.

Yeah it happened 6 years ago. It wa hard at first as I felt like I had lost a part of me in a way because we were so close for all those years but yeah you're right, its a gain not a loss.
Reply 8
Original post by Spock's Socks
Yeah it happened 6 years ago. It wa hard at first as I felt like I had lost a part of me in a way because we were so close for all those years but yeah you're right, its a gain not a loss.

Luckily for me we stopped talking when we did, otherwise he would have a fit about me hanging out with my girl mates. He would also try and get my family involved which is the worst thing you can do. Leave family out of it.

Yeah it did feel a bit hard but you have to realise its better off without that perosn.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending