The Student Room Group

overthinking things?

me and my girlfriend have been together like a year, shes 19 im 22. we arnt really people that go out much clubbing etc, but recently shes showing more interest in going out clubbing with friends which is fine, she said she'd invite me out with her friends occasionally which is great, i wouldnt expect to always be invited but sometimes is nice.

however she is going out in a few weeks for her best friends birthday whos a guy (he used to have a thing for her, now apparently he doesnt.. she just sees him as a brother). hes invited about 3 girls one being my girlfriend and then about 15 guys. she always said she'd invite me to this. but last night we was out and she invited her girlfriend to it instead of me. i dont know how i feel about her going out with a ton of guys.

because i dont go out clubbing with my friends so i cant really invite her to one with my friends as i dont do it. she is basically saying until we go out clubbing with my friends shes not going to invite me out with hers. i dont know what to think about this.

i trust her and i know she;d not do anything, but her not wanting me there does get to me :/
Reply 1
Since her friends aren't your friends, I think she's just avoiding the situation where you will feel kind of out of place. It sure is a hard work to keep the balance of attention between you and her friends. Another explanation could be, since she knows that you don't normally go out clubbing, she's under the impression that you won't like it there. But if you really want to go too, then just ask her! I'm sure she'd be delighted.
Reply 2
well i used to go out clubbing occasionally but havent really since being with her, not because any other reason that it hasnt interested me. but id want to go with her, ive been out with her friends a couple of times and its been okay. i did kind of ask if i was invited, but she invited her girl friend whilst i was with her, then i said i guess im not coming then to which she replied its not her night out to invite me too..and she invited her girlfriend because there was too many guys going.
Reply 3
Maybe you could just tell her that you're not really that comfortable about her being with too many boys. Mean it in a more concern way than sounding a bit jealous. But if she insisted on going, just let her, i guess? Besides, she invited one of her girlfriends. One club night won't hurt bro. :smile: Let your girl have some fun, if thats what she wants. Just check up on her occasionally. Best of luck! :smile:
Reply 4
i completely get that and i want her to go and have fun, but the fact that she and her girl friend who is single are going to be going out clubbing with 15 guys? i dont think she'd be ok with me and my friend going out with 15 girls.. haha
Reply 5
I don't think so too :P

But the fact that she mentioned that she'll be with a bunch of boys means that she trusts you to understand. Ha, I agree with the title, maybe you're just overthinking things. Also, they're going out clubbing. It's kind of unlikely that they'll be hovering over your girl. Plus, there's the guy bestfriend and girl friend to look out for her. :smile:))

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending