The Student Room Group

Bad reasons to leave job?

Hi I currently work 2 jobs & I'm thinking of quitting one .These are my reasons but again at the same time I feel like they're not good enough reasons to quit.

- The managers just give you overtime without asking you whether you are available or not ,I changed my availability & still I am getting shifts on days I said I wasn't available
-The managers are so intimidating ,when you're explaining something to them they look at you like you're talking rubbish
-We have to dress smart ,there is no uniform (unlike my other job) .Spending the whole day in heels is a killer.
-There are no people my age ,everyone is in their mid 20s ,30s & 40s .I feel out of place at times .
-The other time I had a minor accident in the morning ,I got something stuck inside my ear after I showered so I was late to work because my parents were trying to get it out lol! .I explained the situation to the manager & I'm still down as 'absent' on the day when I was there & covered the time I had missed .

I do have other job interviews coming up ,I will eventually need to replace that job somehow .In the meantime ,my other job offers plenty of overtime.
What do you think ,are my reasons good enough ?
& also what's the process you have to take when leaving a job?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
If your other job can give you overtime to replace that current job, then just quit.

All you need to do is give written notice which is basically saying that you are leaving the job on a certain day. Usually you give 1-2 weeks notice before you leave.
Reply 2
Original post by spanker
If your other job can give you overtime to replace that current job, then just quit.

All you need to do is give written notice which is basically saying that you are leaving the job on a certain day. Usually you give 1-2 weeks notice before you leave.

I have only been working there for about 3 weeks .It feels like it has been 3 months 😕😢

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by NellyMelly
I have only been working there for about 3 weeks .It feels like it has been 3 months 😕😢

Posted from TSR Mobile

You could give it another couple of weeks to see how it goes in the hope it gets better and it had just got off to a bad start.
But either way, id give 1-2 weeks notice (however much you have to give at that job) and leave. Like you say, you have other interviews coming up and your other job offers plenty of overtime, so i doubt you will miss it much. I doubt anyone will ask about it in future, as you have another job and possibly another if interviews are successful. But anyone ever does ask, then just say you felt the place wasnt what you expected or something.
Reply 4
Original post by Emma:-)
You could give it another couple of weeks to see how it goes in the hope it gets better and it had just got off to a bad start.
But either way, id give 1-2 weeks notice (however much you have to give at that job) and leave. Like you say, you have other interviews coming up and your other job offers plenty of overtime, so i doubt you will miss it much. I doubt anyone will ask about it in future, as you have another job and possibly another if interviews are successful. But anyone ever does ask, then just say you felt the place wasnt what you expected or something.

Thanks Em!

Today was one of the worst days I've ever had.
Had 2 customers laugh right in front of my face after a colleague embarrassed me & have been in a bad mood since :frown:

I was on the till & then a customer wanted to order something .I'm not that competent with deliveries yet so I have to ask for assistance .
I asked them the colleague looked at me like she didn't hear me then the customers were getting impatient .
Then the customer had one of the shoes coz she couldn't find the other one .My colleague comes over & cancels what I had done already (the transaction ) & does everything herself ,she leaves while the screen is on 'Total' .She says "let me go find the other shoe".So she goes & I look over & she's just standing there .A good 3mins passes and the customer & her husband/boyfriend keep turning back and laughing coz I kept looking at my colleague thinking she was coming back.
The customer says "excuse me what am I waiting for?." & they laugh .
And then one of the team leaders had the nerve to make me do her job for her :/ .One person is assigned a section of the department so she made me do her section for her while she was just standing and doing nothing .
I just kept quiet.
I've just found out I've been put on for extra 23 hours this coming 3 weeks.My contract is 7 hours a week.One day I finish at 7 but it has been changed to 10pm.The last bus runs at 21:50.
It's stressing me TF out! :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
You do know unless your contract mentions that overtime if mandatory then you don't have to do it? Just walk out at your official time

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending